What to bring to the beach...

Alex P. Keaton

My home is literally on the beach so I feel qualified to answer this.

Get a beach bag.

Items in bag:

Towels

Sunblock

hats

coozies

magazine or book

zippered bag: room key, sign and sail, ID, cash, credit cards, lip block, comb, conditioner, sunglasses

You'll be glad you brought a beach bag. DO NOT forget sunblock and lipblock.

You might want to buy a waterproof lanyard so you don't have to leave your valuables on the beach when you go into the water.

Also pack water & maybe underclothes if you don't want to be stuck in a wet bathing suit if your planning on going somewhere before you go back to the ship.. I'm sure someone must have mentioned a towel!

I also take along a sample size bottle of shampoo to wash the salt water out of my hair. Alot of the beaches have fresh water showers...and that way you don't get that uncomfortable sticky feeling on your head!

I keep my beach bag loaded (its a backpack) with

Sunscreen

watershoes

comb, shampoo

water wallet on a string

beach towel

misc loose coins from foreign ports

ziploc bags

I just add reading material, water, $ and id, and all set to go!

I agree with all the things mentioned above but I also always take my "towel trap". It's great at the beach - but especially while on the ship. If you haven't ever seen them, they are little pillows on elastic bands. They hold the towel in place to that you don't have to fight the wind or having the towel move when getting on/off the beach chair. And, the extra little padding the pillow provides is just enough to make reading easier.

Re: sunscree...I put mine in a small plastic squeeze bottle so that it doesn't take up so much room in my beach bag and is lighter to carry. I just refill the little bottle back in the cabin.

Enjoy!

For those that hit the beach on their cruise what are some items that we should make sure we don't forget to pack?

Besides of all the usual beachy things I always bring (to St. Thomas and Tortola anyway) dog biscuits for the fish. They make GREAT underwater pictures!

I always bring along a Neat Sheet. They are sold in the laundry detergent aisle in the supermarket. They are heavy duty but very lightweight cloths that we use for beach blankets. They fold up to almost nothing and fit very easily into your beach bag. They are machine washable and we wouldn't go to the beach without them.

Archived