Windstar Beverage Prices November 2017

2LoveToTravel

16 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

Wine prices were between $7.00 and $9.50 per glass with beers up to $8. Draught Heineken at $5.50. Did not take picture of bar menu.  As for taking wine on-board, they allow 2 bottles per cabin at beginning of cruise only and really do check the bags at each port to ensure no liquor gets brought onboard.

Thank You! This gives an idea ....

2 hours ago, muenchner said:

I think they are not up to date as soft drinks are free since years

Looking at the drinks prices I wondered about the cost of a gin and tonic.They list prices for soda and tonic etc. but I thought they were now free. Does this mean that when you order something like a G&T you are charged for both the gin and the tonic?

1 minute ago, Traval said:

Looking at the drinks prices I wondered about the cost of a gin and tonic.They list prices for soda and tonic etc. but I thought they were now free. Does this mean that when you order something like a G&T you are charged for both the gin and the tonic?

No. A mixed drink is a mixed drink. I think a decent  brand G&T was around $10, maybe a little less.

15 hours ago, muenchner said:

I think they are not up to date as soft drinks are free since years

I guess that's not too bad for Bombay Sapphire which is usually my gin of choice.I wonder what tonics they serve? I never really checked when we were on our last Windstar cruise on the Legend in 2016. I always used to buy Schweppes at home but then discovered Fever Tree which is much superior in my opinion.I especially like their aromatic and Mediterranean tonics.

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2018 at 1:54 PM, 2LoveToTravel said:

ride the tide, I just emailed Windstar who verified that the 2 menus I attached are current. They attached the same ones I was sent in November as well as the new beverage package. So here you go.

Sample Bar Menu (1).pdf 218.18 kB · 191 downloads

Sample Wine list.pdf 207.64 kB · 109 downloads

Despite what Windstar told you, those menus and prices are woefully out of date. Just back from 2 weeks on Star Pride. You would do well to find a glass of wine for under $9 and the brand of wines listed are no longer valid.

On 2/10/2019 at 6:38 PM, milepig said:

My TA said “yes” a few days ago, but that the WS agents don’t know about it and have no way to apply it. He’s working on it, but it’s really meant to be done on board. Only $5 a day, so doesn’t even cover the increase. He has not yet been able to navigate the waters. What can I say. Typical WS “who’s on first.”  

Wow, the answer is YES, per the Windstar Press release May 2, 2018 BUT, generally, the agents in Seattle are clueless. I'm sure it's not their fault. We gave up on Seattle and decided to book onboard. The Bar Manager "acted" clueless but, we did get the $5 pp, per day. The cost: the price of the liquor package went up from $52 to $59, the day we boarded the Pride. So by not booking with clueless Seattle, the Star Collector discount cost us money to take advantage of. If all was right in Windstar world, we would have pre paid $52 pp, per day minus $5 for a daily fee of $47. Price increase Feb 2, the day we boarded Pride. Liquor package now $59 minus a hard fought for $5 Star Collector discount for a daily fee of $54. So, our Star Collector discount cost us $7× 2 persons x 14 days for a grand discount of minus $196. Great Perk, NOT

Edited by MRGACRUZR
Spelling, spell check

17 hours ago, MRGACRUZR said:

Wow, the answer is YES, per the Windstar Press release May 2, 2018 BUT, generally, the agents in Seattle are clueless. I'm sure it's not their fault. We gave up on Seattle and decided to book onboard. The Bar Manager "acted" clueless but, we did get the $5 pp, per day. The cost: the price of the liquor package went up from $52 to $59, the day we boarded the Pride. So by not booking with clueless Seattle, the Star Collector discount cost us money to take advantage of. If all was right in Windstar world, we would have pre paid $52 pp, per day minus $5 for a daily fee of $47. Price increase Feb 2, the day we boarded Pride. Liquor package now $59 minus a hard fought for $5 Star Collector discount for a daily fee of $54. So, our Star Collector discount cost us $7× 2 persons x 14 days for a grand discount of minus $196. Great Perk, NOT

I'm in the same boat - they were going to get back to my TA with the information, but haven't yet and now I guess it was a deliberate delay on their part to get me with the higher price. Not happy, but my TA is aggressive, so I'll sic him on them.