Anthem of the Seas formal attire

Can anyone who's been on recent Anthem of the Seas cruise tell me what is acceptable men's formal attire in the main dining room? Is it suits, jacket and tie or can you get by with a dress shirt, dress pants and tie? My husband has always gone the dark suit route on previous cruises, but was hoping to not have to take a suit or jacket this time. I know on other RCI ships we have seen less than tuxes, suits. Since previously main dining called for formal EVERY night, I wondered how strictly they observe the dress code.

Having just come off the ship 17th - 24th March, I was so disappointed in the attire allowed on the formal nights. While we chose our national costume "kilts and all", many people continue to wear shorts and even flip flops in the man dining rooms. I believe the Maitre 'D should enforce a more strict dress code, however he obviously does not have the "balls" to turn people away for not enforcing the dress code. My advise to the Maitre'd is...ship up ....or ship out.

We were on this ship on its American inaugural cruise and Formal meant a lot more 2 years ago than it does today. The food quality has also slipped a lot and the quality is no more than just "Average"

Rant Over.......

Grahaminca

Having just come off the ship 17th - 24th March, I was so disappointed in the attire allowed on the formal nights. While we chose our national costume "kilts and all", many people continue to wear shorts and even flip flops in the man dining rooms. I believe the Maitre 'D should enforce a more strict dress code, however he obviously does not have the "balls" to turn people away for not enforcing the dress code. My advise to the Maitre'd is...ship up ....or ship out.

We were on this ship on its American inaugural cruise and Formal meant a lot more 2 years ago than it does today. The food quality has also slipped a lot and the quality is no more than just "Average"

Rant Over.......

Grahaminca