Just learned our cruise is a weight watchers cruise!😳

Christi209

We are booked in the seaside yacht club for our first ever msc cruise. I have just learned that this is a weight watchers cruise. Does anyone know how this might affect our experience, esp in the yacht club ( which is currently showing as sold out on MSC but still has availability on the weight watchers cruise page). Will the regular menu still be available to us or will it be changed or limited? Will there still be gelato/ chocolate etc available or is there any chance some of these offerings may be shut down to decrease temptation? No idea how many people will be part of this group and not sure there is any way to find out so just trying to figure out how much it may change our experience and whether I should pick a different ship ( can’t change our dates). Like the idea of healthy eating but would like the choice to be ours!

Edited by Christi209

We had a WW contingent on our November 2017 Divina cruise and I assure you there were absolutely no restrictions or changes imposed on us in the Yacht Club. In fact, we met and ended up spending a great deal of our time with some of the WW group who had booked YC cabins. They were absolutely fun and made our cruise so much more enjoyable. Apparently, there was a section of the main dining room set aside for the WW group because they had a special menu. It turns out that WW groups are not so much different from other conferences I've attended: No matter how sincere your intentions, if you don't go to the opening session, you probably won't go to many of the others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a WW contingent on our November 2017 Divina cruise and I assure you there were absolutely no restrictions or changes imposed on us in the Yacht Club. In fact, we met and ended up spending a great deal of our time with some of the WW group who had booked YC cabins. They were absolutely fun and made our cruise so much more enjoyable. Apparently, there was a section of the main dining room set aside for the WW group because they had a special menu. It turns out that WW groups are not so much different from other conferences I've attended: No matter how sincere your intentions, if you don't go to the opening session, you probably won't go to many of the others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! That’s very helpful

Hi Helen........we were supposed to go on a vegan holistic Divina cruise this past February 15, 2018. Our ship was 1/2 chartered by the group. Over 2,000 boarded from this group. We found out about this before final payment. Our research revealed that our cruise would be greatly impacted because of the SIZE OF THE GROUP. From reading posts from that specific sailing many not IN that group said they would never sail again with a group that TOOK OVER HALF THE SHIP and many venues were closed or only open for a few hours, etc.

If there are only a couple of hundred in the group on your sailing, in my opinion that won't impact your cruise at all. We have been on other theme cruises with just a few hundred people and it was never an issue. I think it totally depends on the amount of people in the group. We were even told we could no longer have first seating in the dining room (which we requested) because it was being reserved for the theme group guests......it was at that point we knew we needed to make a decision to stay or cancel. This is just my experience.

Hi Helen........we were supposed to go on a vegan holistic Divina cruise this past February 15, 2018. Our ship was 1/2 chartered by the group. Over 2,000 boarded from this group. We found out about this before final payment. Our research revealed that our cruise would be greatly impacted because of the SIZE OF THE GROUP. From reading posts from that specific sailing many not IN that group said they would never sail again with a group that TOOK OVER HALF THE SHIP and many venues were closed or only open for a few hours, etc.

If there are only a couple of hundred in the group on your sailing, in my opinion that won't impact your cruise at all. We have been on other theme cruises with just a few hundred people and it was never an issue. I think it totally depends on the amount of people in the group. We were even told we could no longer have first seating in the dining room (which we requested) because it was being reserved for the theme group guests......it was at that point we knew we needed to make a decision to stay or cancel. This is just my experience.

Is there any way to find out how large the ww group is prior to making final payment. The cruise is November 10 and final payment is not due until August. If it’s a few hundred that’s fine but if it’s more than half the ship it might not be ideal I think there is also a ww cruise in may so might get a feel for how it goes after that group returns

We are booked in the seaside yacht club for our first ever msc cruise. I have just learned that this is a weight watchers cruise. Does anyone know how this might affect our experience, esp in the yacht club ( which is currently showing as sold out on MSC but still has availability on the weight watchers cruise page). Will the regular menu still be available to us or will it be changed or limited? Will there still be gelato/ chocolate etc available or is there any chance some of these offerings may be shut down to decrease temptation? No idea how many people will be part of this group and not sure there is any way to find out so just trying to figure out how much it may change our experience and whether I should pick a different ship ( can’t change our dates). Like the idea of healthy eating but would like the choice to be ours!

Hi! I was on the Divina during a WW cruise last year, YC as well. There was no impact other than the theatre being used for some events during the day. It was funny because I saw WW lanyards being worn by people eating things they probably should not have been eating! Do not think twice about this impacting your cruise, I guarantee you will hardly notice them.