Norwegian Sun or Norwegian Getaway??

Idavikam

Hi.

Me and my bf are going on a cruise in Sept, but we cant decide which ship/itinerary to choose, so we hoped that you experienced cruisers could help us.

The itinerary for the Sun is: Great Stirup Cay, Havana, Harvest Cay and Costa Maya.

For the Getaway its: Roatan, Harvest Cay, Costa Maya and Conzumel.

The only reason we really consider the Norwegian Sun is because of Havana, Cuba, we've always wanted to go there. The Getaway looks like a ship with a lot more going on (activity wize), because its bigger, but bigger isnt always better, I've heard;p

We like to relax in the pool, sipping drinks, party, with it not being too crowded in the pool all the time.

I loved Freedom of the seas, Norwegian Escape was a great ship, but I didnt like it as much cause of the lack of pool areas and entertainment around it.

So if any of you kind people have ay tips/pointers that could help us decide, that would be awesome. Pricing is about the same for both.

Thanks!

The Getaway's main swimming pool is overcrowded but Spice H2O is a better place to hang out and less chaotic or get spa passes as the thermal suite has a huge thalisotherapy pool which is where we like to hang out. But this ship is a lot like Escape so if you didn't like Escape I don't think you would like this ship.

NCL Sun is one of NCL's older ships. It has 2 pools and 4 hot tubs.

Since you loved Freedom of the Seas, why not go on another RCCL ship instead either Freedom class or Oasis class?

Sailed both repeatedly...prefer the Sun, no question...basic infrastructures are the same on both....Sun is much quieter, less indulgent parents permitting obnoxious child behaviors, in general a more sophisticated passenger on the Sun.

Same likely applies for Cuba cruise versus Western Caribbean on Getaway