Cheers package

VCUSkyhawk

For you idiots that are claiming 15 drinks a day means you have a problem...

You DO realize that the average person is awake for roughly 16 hours a day so it's entirely possible to have 15 drinks in a 16 hour period and never even be above the legal limit to DRIVE, much less hammered, right?

For you idiots that are claiming 15 drinks a day means you have a problem...

You DO realize that the average person is awake for roughly 16 hours a day so it's entirely possible to have 15 drinks in a 16 hour period and never even be above the legal limit to DRIVE, much less hammered, right?

Do you have scientific or legal data for this statement? It sound a little hard to believe.

Do you have scientific or legal data for this statement? It sound a little hard to believe.

Its simple math. For a typical 180-200lb man, one drink will raise BAC around 0.02%. That same body will metabolize about 0.015% per hour (0.01% in approximately 40 minutes). The net increase in BAC drinking one drink per hour will be 0.005%. in fifteen hours, that's still less than 0.08.

Of course, every individual is different, and metabolism varies with age, size, diet, etc, so those are just averages. Would I recommend you drive? Of course not. But my point is it's ENTIRELY possible to drink 15 drinks a day without ever coming close to sloppy drunk.

Its simple math. For a typical 180-200lb man, one drink will raise BAC around 0.02%. That same body will metabolize about 0.015% per hour (0.01% in approximately 40 minutes). The net increase in BAC drinking one drink per hour will be 0.005%. in fifteen hours, that's still less than 0.08.

Of course, every individual is different, and metabolism varies with age, size, diet, etc, so those are just averages. Would I recommend you drive? Of course not. But my point is it's ENTIRELY possible to drink 15 drinks a day without ever coming close to sloppy drunk.

Totally agree. If I average one drink in an hour starting around 10am with a mimosa and end around 1 am I am no where near wasted.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Totally agree. If I average one drink in an hour starting around 10am with a mimosa and end around 1 am I am no where near wasted.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

This. If you start early it's not hard. Also depends what you're drinking- mix drinks vs beers, etc...

I can go all day and you wouldn't notice. Except last Monday night... I was feeling good. Lol.

Drinking over time is way some do it but unfortunately I seem to encounter those who drink all their drinks at one time.

Definitely....you get the ones coming off an all day excursion and mosey up tp the bar with the mindset “gotta get my money’s worth”. They proceed to pour booze down their gullet. Doesn’t matter if it tastes good or not, they are fixated on “15” and will do everything in their power to get there [emoji849]

Definitely....you get the ones coming off an all day excursion and mosey up tp the bar with the mindset “gotta get my money’s worth”. They proceed to pour booze down their gullet. Doesn’t matter if it tastes good or not, they are fixated on “15” and will do everything in their power to get there [emoji849]
These type of people are the idiots. There have been many posters on different Cheers threads that bemoan the fact that they will not get their monies worth on a port day. If you're back on board by five and stay up till 1230 am, you can still get 10 drinks in at a 45 minute interval. Even if it's all beer, you're ahead of the game and if it's mixed, you're way ahead of the game. You only need 5 drinks from Alchemy Bar to be on the positive side. And a 45 minute interval is not slamming drinks down.

These type of people are the idiots. There have been many posters on different Cheers threads that bemoan the fact that they will not get their monies worth on a port day. If you're back on board by five and stay up till 1230 am, you can still get 10 drinks in at a 45 minute interval. Even if it's all beer, you're ahead of the game and if it's mixed, you're way ahead of the game. You only need 5 drinks from Alchemy Bar to be on the positive side. And a 45 minute interval is not slamming drinks down.

Thats what I meant by my immaturity post earlier. Are people so fixated on getting their money’s worth? What if you don’t get your monies worth? Is that ok. I mean can you get Cheers and only have say 3 drinks in a day, is that ok or is the mindset of “I don’t want another drink but I need to get my monies worth” [emoji849]