Any secret way to get out of the port without going through the maze?

nascargirly

Used to be able to cut through a couple of the stores, like the chocolate store, and there was an exit about half way around,but hearing they've blocked those routes off.

To avoid the "maze" of kiosks etc. when you enter the cruise port through the Mayan Gate, hug to right and stick next to the shops to your right as you walk along. As I recall the exit they are now using is the one just beyond the Tanzanite store.

THere are actually three exits and a couple of stores you can cut through but the official exit they are actually directing you to use is the third and last exit all the way round passed the shops, unless you are on a ship tour.

We did cut through one of the other exits last month (it wasn’t locked or guarded as some have reported). The area that it takes you to is a large parking area with narrow sidewalk which I can imagine isn’t very user friendly if there are big crowds waiting for buses. It wasn’t too bad for us - i don’t know if that was because the tour buses to the ruins are/were temporarily suspended.

So, whilst I am sure the inconvenience is primarily intended to make you walk through the shopping area, I think safety may also be a consideration.

It is a long walk to get out of the port area and whilst I think the aesthetics of the port have been greatly improved in recent years the practical design of the port has been neglected.

There is a shorter way out. As I recall, it is marked as an emergency exit with a small sign and the door leads outside much quicker than following the standard route past all the stores.

Yes, at least two alternative routes as I stated above but they all lead to the same parking lot.