Live (better than dead) thread - AOS 3/31 - 4/7

I completely forgot to tell you the lemon meringue pie story - so, one night, as my son and I are doing our "pre-dinner dinner," we as usual checked out the desserts - there was this really awesome looking lemon meringue pie, and some sugar free berry thing (they had like one sugar free dessert and some sugar free lemon cookies most nights - I only know this because my wife tries to eat only sugar free desserts [wine doesnt count, apparently]).

So, after eating dinner, and not finding the lemon meringue pie on the dinner menu, we headed up to the WJ for our post-dinner dessert. We arrived at 9 pm. The WJ closes at 930. They were out of lemon meringue pie. I was sad. The lady at the pie station checked - still out. I asked to speak to a manager. He said that lemon meringue pie was very popular. I asked if he knew that, why didnt they make more (for comparison, they had on display that night four "berry pies" - strawberry, peach, blueberry and something else - each were identical except for the fruit on top. I suggested, maybe instead of having four pretty much identical pies, they make more lemon meringue pie. Also, they were out of the only sugar free dessert they had that night - at 9 pm. I told him that really wasnt fair for the sugar free dorks/people.

The manager said he would check on level three for the lemon meringue pie (not sure what's on level three). He came back up 15 minutes later, no bueno. I was sad (and a bit annoyed). He asked for my room number. I told him not to bother, but he insisted and I relented. Two days later, we had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room - no note, but presume it was from him. Nice enough.

but, the story gets better. The manger of the MTD dining room (and I cant find his friggin card!) was the nicest guy in the world. he stopped by our table every day, chatted, wanting to make sure everything was good. the night before the lemon meringue pie issue, we were discussing how some people complained about everything, and you just cant make everyone on the boat happy. So, the night after the lemon meringue pie issue, I told him what happened, saying something like "I guess I am now one of those complainers." To be fair, the night before the Promenade Cafe had some little lemon meringue pie cup things, which took the edge off. The manager apologized, and said he would have them make us a lemon meringue pie. I told him that it was completely unnecessary, I had my fix the night before but thanked him.

So, the next night - we were doing our pre-dinner dinner - saw three really tasty looking cake - a gnache, a chocolate cake and a praline - so what did I do - slapped a piece of all three on a plate, asked for a cover, and took it down with me to dinner, just in case. so, after dinner, what happens? I start sampling my three pieces of cake (and by sampling, I mean eating most of all three, and stabbing my wife's hand when she tried to sample JOEY DOESNT SHARE FOOD). Over comes the manger, with not only three pieces of lemon meringue pie, but also a plate of sugar free sugar cookies.

Two morals of my story - If you dont see something, ask nicely (any maybe whine, just a little bit). Second moral, I find that they staff really does try to make you happy.

mixplix