Live (better than dead) thread - AOS 3/31 - 4/7

Slept like a log - last night watched Villanova pound Kansas in Schooner Lounge and then went with drunk wife to Imperial long for 1115 pm karaoke. Met some fun people (after I pissed off some people at Schooner). Back to room at 1145 - daughter made midnight curfew by skin of her teeth.

So sitting at bar - see a couple who started talking to us - deductive reasoning showed they had drink package - and they were drinking Miller lite? So, remembering that they initiated conversation with us and we’d been talking off and on for a half hour or so I asked do you have drink package - they said yes - I then asked why the heck with all the drink choices ( and some decent beers) they were drinking that - now I may have said “that **** beer” but it was still said both friendly and curiously - you would have thought I poisoned her dog - she got so angry that she ordered another “**** beer” and left muttering. Now I can be a lot to handle but was that really such an offensive question - plus, I was totally sober so I know exactly what was said - just curious....my life continues regardless.

This morning up at 530 - ha ha back to bed woke up 830 and worked out

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Curacao today - took cab $30 to blue bay beach - $8 pp adult $4 per kid - got there early and had choice of chairs and pulupa - later in day people were struggling. It was clean and beautiful. WiFi was free but once it got crowded didn’t work for s darn. We stayed from 9-3, sane driver took us back.

Walked around for a bit, bought some stuff, had a late WJ snack, worked out, had pre dinner dinner in WJ and eating dinner now ( and will head back up to WJ for dessert.

Tonight ncaa game is on big tv by pool and probably elsewhere

Bonaire was awesome - rented golf carts - two two seaters, 90 each - great way to see the island. The south side was so pretty - could stop anywhere and snorkel. Lac Bay, while pretty, was super crowded with no real beach or shade. North side of island was awesome too - snorkeled at 1000 steps but many other options too. Even back in town, just calm vibe and very chill

I weighed myself at the gym this morning when I left - pretty sure that despite daily workouts, i will be plus 10 pounds at the end as I will eat everything I see - hey, its vacation!

I always wondered what a half hour lift session every day would do to mitigate this. Maybe I'll try it on the next cruise... or maybe not!

Glad you're having a good time! That itinerary is fantastic!

Bonaire was awesome - rented golf carts - two two seaters, 90 each - great way to see the island. The south side was so pretty - could stop anywhere and snorkel. Lac Bay, while pretty, was super crowded with no real beach or shade. North side of island was awesome too - snorkeled at 1000 steps but many other options too.

How long did it take you to do North and South sides?

Kids beds - I don’t think so - there’s nighttables and other stuff - guessing that’s as good as it gets.

Bonaire cruising - got to golf cart place around 9 am, out the door around 915. Headed south and stopped periodically - parked at Lac Bay maybe an hour total. Headed back to town to head north and trip north from town to 1000 steps beach was about a half hour. A little past that the north trip goes one way and they say it’s about an hour back - we didn’t do that part

Day at sea - not a fan. Just too many bodies and not enough chairs. Did sushi making again - did it on jewel last year. Problem here was Izumi is in promenade so blaring music made it hard to hear sushi guy / but still fun.

When you get back it would be great if you could post any details of your port experiences in the Ports of Call boards. Even if it was a simple outing, your experiences would be worth sharing as those boards don't see as much traffic on the main boards and people look to them when planning their port days.

Love your title :)

FYI I loved open water swimming at Le Galleon beach in St Maartin. I don’t know what it’s like since the hurricane, but it was an amazing place to swim a couple of years ago. I did my first half iron last September (Lake Placid) :).

Best of luck, looking forward to your report!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tried open water swimming at Karakter's bay in St. Martin - really tough with the chop. Should have done it more while at Blue Bay Beach in Curacao, as it was much calmer there. Managed to work out every day except for our Aruba day, as I was drunk on the Jolly Roger boat by 915, took a nice nap on the beach at the Marriott once we got off, and didnt return to ship until late!

Draft beer card showed up day 3- $49 for ten plus 18%

So, as to the beer card - you can only purchase it at the Duck and Dog (Dog and Duck?) pub - its only good for draft beer, and very few of the bars have draft beer. Those that do have only Heineken, Strongbow Cider, and Newcastle. if you dont like any of those three, would not buy the card.

I always wondered what a half hour lift session every day would do to mitigate this. Maybe I'll try it on the next cruise... or maybe not!

Glad you're having a good time! That itinerary is fantastic!

literally gained 10 pounds on cruise - was 159 on Friday morning before we left (weighed on scale at gym after workout) and weigh in after workout on return Sunday morning was 170 - that's with working out every day (except one), which included at least 3 miles daily on the treadmill (and one painfully boring 6 mile run), mixed with weight workouts, jump rope drills and the rower.

Of course, I ate 6-7 meals instead of my usual two, had lots of carbs, dessert and beer, etc. Curious to see how long it takes to return to pre-cruise weight!