Barcelona - Best Paella in Barri Gotic?

We are disembarking from MSC Preziosa on 18/09/2018 after 23 days on board from Copenhagen via The Baltic, Norway,Belgium and Lisbon.

That morning we are doing a Barcelona Day Tours City Tour from the Cruise Port to our hotel then another walking tour in the afternoon, ending in the Barri Gotic. We will be staying at a hotel near Placa Catalunya but would like any recommendations for a reliable Paella meal somewhere around Barri Gotic that evening; several of the restaurants I see on TripAdvisor have reviews for very poor service/ food so would hate to have a bad experience on our only evening in Barcelona.

Enric, do you have any suggestions thanks?

Elaine & Chris from New Zealand

We are disembarking from MSC Preziosa on 18/09/2018 after 23 days on board from Copenhagen via The Baltic, Norway,Belgium and Lisbon.

That morning we are doing a Barcelona Day Tours City Tour from the Cruise Port to our hotel then another walking tour in the afternoon, ending in the Barri Gotic. We will be staying at a hotel near Placa Catalunya but would like any recommendations for a reliable Paella meal somewhere around Barri Gotic that evening; several of the restaurants I see on TripAdvisor have reviews for very poor service/ food so would hate to have a bad experience on our only evening in Barcelona.

Elaine & Chris from New Zealand

Los Caracoles

Calle de los Escudellers, 14

UG22P8xcffA

This is outside the Gothic Quarter but we really enjoyed Botafumeiro (Carrer Gran de Gràcia, 81, 08012 Barcelona, Spain) which our guide suggested as one of the best paella restaurants in Barcelona. We went for lunch and tried three different paellas between the four of us. My favorite was a squid ink seafood paella. It was all black using black rice and looked a bit daunting but it was absolutely delicious.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I don't remember the name of the restaurant where we had paella. It was reasonably near el Barrio Gotic, on Ronda de Sant Antoni, between the market and Placa de la Universitat.

Our first night in town, we grabbed dinner at Casa Delfin, on Passeig del Born (in el Barrio Gotic). Neither of us had the paella, but the food was excellent, so I'd be reasonably confident ordering anything off their menu (and they serve paella).

Edited by FlyingFlip