Visa query.

Feline-fine

Hi all,

I am travelling on the Allure in August from Fort Lauderdale going on the Western Caribbean route. I obviously need to get my visa for the states and my question is does this cover me for all the ports I'm visiting too? Someone mentioned a multiple entry visa but for the life of me I cant find any information on the E.S.T.A site. It just says you can use the visa for as many times as you like within a two year period or until your passport expires (whichever is first).

Can anyone just put my mind at rest with this?

Thank you

Ceri

An ESTA is for visits to the USA only. The cruise line will check you have a valid ESTA, before you board, as this will be need for you to return back the America and get off the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'll just need an Esta for the US. That's all we needed when we cruised out of the US and came back. If you are visiting Puerto Rico that will be covered as the US so that might need some looking into for any multiple entry stuff. It's not usually on western routes though as its east.

Mexico ,Belize, Honduras,Cayman and Jamaica do not need a Visa for UK citizens....you didn't say where you were going so I guessed places on the western route. They may require a passport that has 6 months plus left on it though.

Thanks both for replying!

The Western route is : Bahamas, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Roatan.

The Royal Caribbean website states:

You MUST have the following:

• Passport from your home country.

- AND -

• Multiple entry United States visa (if applicable).

So Im guessing that just means the normal ESTA visa as it states you can use it multiple times. Just a bit confused and wanted to clarify. I think ill drop my TA an email just to feel better!

Thank you both again for replying.

Ceri

I just remembered that ESTAs are good for 2 years.

Therefore it should cover your cruise sail out and sail in and other bits.

We got a normal ESTA and sailed out of Florida and back into LA no problems (It was a Panama Canal full transit). You are not going to Puerto Rico so your entry and re-entry will be the same as mine just the same port instead of 2 different ones.

The Royal Caribbean website states:

You MUST have the following:

• Passport from your home country.

- AND -

• Multiple entry United States visa (if applicable).

Ceri

It's the 'if applicable' bit that's important and it depends on your passport. With a UK/EU passport all you need for leisure travel is an ESTA, which is valid for two years no matter how many times you use it.

VMax is right. ESTA is not technically considered a visa--it's a visa waiver. And it will cover you for the entirety of your trip, and all U.S. entries. The visa requirement, multiple entry or otherwise, is not applicable if you are a British citizen.

The UK has a good online resource for determining what documents you need to enter a country: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice Select the country you want info about, then select "Entry requirements." You'll want to do this for Bahamas, Mexico, Honduras and the United States for the ports you stated.