Imperial Jewels of China / excursions

JRB13118

My wife Kathy and I are on the September Imperial Jewels of China river cruise this year (2018) Does anyone know when you book the additional excursions? I tried at the Viking site but it says they must be booked on board the ship. Some of the excursions are from the hotels on land? Any pointers from someone who has done this before.

• 3 months later...

Hi JRB13118, My wife and I are on the 9/25 trip that starts in Shanghai. We are in MD so not far from Manassas. Viking hasn't opened the excursions piece yet, but will in a few weeks according to them. Are you pre or post extending?

We loved our Imperial Jewels of China cruise on the Emerald - this was in May of 2017. We booked only two of the optional excursions and we did this onboard the bus with our tour guide (there was a sign-up sheet).

Hi JRB13118, My wife and I are on the 9/25 trip that starts in Shanghai. We are in MD so not far from Manassas. Viking hasn't opened the excursions piece yet, but will in a few weeks according to them. Are you pre or post extending?

We begin in Beijing on September 4th and end in Shanghai on the 19th of September. We did the post extension, so we will be in Shanghai from the 15th through the 19th. The shore excursion page on My Viking Journey seems to be messed up. It doesn't show all the excursions, like the Forbidden City, Great Wall or Terra Cotta Warriors. I am hoping it's a problem with the web page, as we "booked" all those excursions months ago.

Good morning. My wife and I just checked the website and all of the included tours that we booked are still showing up as "booked". The optional tours are still to be reserved either at the hotels or on board the ship. The glitches can be a little unnerving but I expect that it will all turn out OK in the end. Bon voyage. m

We begin in Beijing on September 4th and end in Shanghai on the 19th of September. We did the post extension, so we will be in Shanghai from the 15th through the 19th. The shore excursion page on My Viking Journey seems to be messed up. It doesn't show all the excursions, like the Forbidden City, Great Wall or Terra Cotta Warriors. I am hoping it's a problem with the web page, as we "booked" all those excursions months ago.

Our trip starts September 16th and our My Viking Journey page is all messed up too with only 8 of the 13 days showing. But I've been sent our final itinerary and that was fine. However everything I read says Tianamen Square is shut on a Monday yet that's the day we're visiting!

• 3 weeks later...
Our trip starts September 16th and our My Viking Journey page is all messed up too with only 8 of the 13 days showing. But I've been sent our final itinerary and that was fine. However everything I read says Tianamen Square is shut on a Monday yet that's the day we're visiting!

Mao's Tomb is closed on Mondays but the tour does not include it. Mostly, you walk onto the Square, have some time for picture taking and then move on to visit the Forbidden City.