MSC Seaside Flash Sales/Price Reductions for Add Ons?

KatRangoon

Does MSC ever offer sales on their shore excursions or internet packages or anything like that a few weeks/days before a scheduled cruise? Or for that matter, do they ever add shore excursions or spa packages or anything like that as it gets closer to cruise time?

We're going on Seaside to Nassau and I'm not wow'd by anything on the 2 pages of excursions offered (I'm from Florida, so anything with a beach or water park I've done a million times), so I was trying to decide if I should wait and hope something gets added, or maybe wait and see if something that looks only so-so will go down in price and make it more appealing. OR, if spa deals or something might pop up, maybe plan to stay on the ship and do that instead.

We are just off the Seaside...I do not recall seeing any add-ons or specials. As a matter of fact, they pull dining,beverage and excursion "pre cruise" purchase option about 1 week before cruise. On the positive side....the excursion prices on board were the same as pre cruise...atleast for the excursions we had interest in.

Does MSC ever offer sales on their shore excursions or internet packages or anything like that a few weeks/days before a scheduled cruise? Or for that matter, do they ever add shore excursions or spa packages or anything like that as it gets closer to cruise time?

We're going on Seaside to Nassau and I'm not wow'd by anything on the 2 pages of excursions offered (I'm from Florida, so anything with a beach or water park I've done a million times), so I was trying to decide if I should wait and hope something gets added, or maybe wait and see if something that looks only so-so will go down in price and make it more appealing. OR, if spa deals or something might pop up, maybe plan to stay on the ship and do that instead.

Stay on the ship.

Also being in FL and having been to Nassau a million times, we are in the same boat as you...Our typical Nassau day looks like sleeping in, eating breakfast after the crowds of people rushing to get off the ship are done, debarking once the exit crowds are gone, walking to the Dunkin' Donuts across from the Hilton that is behind the straw market for a good iced coffee for the first time in a week, and then back to enjoy the empty ship. I have not seen any sales on anything pre-cruise with MSC aside from the not paying the 15% on anything pre-booked. They don't do like Royal does with the Cruise Planner sales.

Also being in FL and having been to Nassau a million times, we are in the same boat as you...Our typical Nassau day looks like sleeping in, eating breakfast after the crowds of people rushing to get off the ship are done, debarking once the exit crowds are gone, walking to the Dunkin' Donuts across from the Hilton that is behind the straw market for a good iced coffee for the first time in a week, and then back to enjoy the empty ship. I have not seen any sales on anything pre-cruise with MSC aside from the not paying the 15% on anything pre-booked. They don't do like Royal does with the Cruise Planner sales.

LOL, If there was an Arby's in Nassau, then I know where my husband would want to go for the day! Yeah, I mean, I like the beach, but I don't really want to pay $300 for my family to go to one when I can go for free the next week at home.

Norwegian (or maybe it was Holland) had a great thing where if you stayed on the boat during excursion days you got a great deal on Spa stuff, so I was hoping MSC had that too. Oh well, I hope they have lots of kids programming going on that day!

Stay on the ship.

Don't stay on the ship. Get off and experience some Bahamian culture. If you don't want to do the beach thing, try Tru Bahamian Food Tours...it's a tour where you get to taste dishes of several local, authentic Bahamian establishments with some Bahamian history thrown in. Or take a walk toward Arawak Cay to the "Fish Fry" for some fresh conch dishes. We loved Oh Andros and Curly's.

We're travelling with 3 kids, so excursions need to be young children friendly, or we need to split up (which is always an option as we're doing that in Ocho Rios). We'll find something to do, I'm sure, like I said, nothing was just standing out as worth the time for the price, so I was hoping Seaside did last minute sales or something to make it more worth it. Thanks everyone for the info!

Don't stay on the ship. Get off and experience some Bahamian culture. If you don't want to do the beach thing, try Tru Bahamian Food Tours...it's a tour where you get to taste dishes of several local, authentic Bahamian establishments with some Bahamian history thrown in. Or take a walk toward Arawak Cay to the "Fish Fry" for some fresh conch dishes. We loved Oh Andros and Curly's.
I was looking at some of the places you mentioned. I basically just want to get off the ship and grab some local food. How hard is it to get to those spots from the pier?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk