Upgrade Fairy Visit for Magic November 2018

iriecruising

So I got an email from Carnival with 2 upgrade options. I have a midship balcony on deck 8 and they offered a midship on deck 9 for 36.00 or a Spa Cabin on deck 12 for 149.00. Since I was already considering buying a spa pass for myself for 129.00 I decided to pull the trigger and take the upgrade. Not sure if this would be a good deal for someone who was not interested in Spa access but seemed like a good deal for us. We now both get SPA access and a higher deck! Only downside is we had a prime location midship on deck 8 so hope the move as worth it! :D

I agree with other posts, you should try it one time to see if it fits well for you and your family. We tried one for the first time last November on the Magic, and while we loved the close proximity to the spa and serenity deck, it was further to a lot of the other venues we frequent during our cruise. Loved the room and different decor and super quiet area with little foot traffic, however don't think we will book another one anytime soon. Just not a good fit for us. We prefer the aft with the extra long balconies that price the same as a regular balcony. Glad we tried the spa, and if cost for spa pass is more than booking a spa cabin I definitely say go for it! Enjoy!

It's weird because it says that the middle decks are sold out for the Spa upgrade, but if you do a fake booking, there are pretty much all the spa balcony rooms open in the middle. I got the Upgrade Email too, but I don't know if I can book a front balcony due to motion sickness. If it were a middle one my choice would be a bit easier, but I'm scared to give up a deck 8 middle room for a deck 12 front one and possibly spend the whole trip feeling terrible. They have a spa special for 15% off which makes the day pass thing cheaper than the room upgrade anyways, so I may just do that instead.

It's weird because it says that the middle decks are sold out for the Spa upgrade, but if you do a fake booking, there are pretty much all the spa balcony rooms open in the middle. I got the Upgrade Email too, but I don't know if I can book a front balcony due to motion sickness. If it were a middle one my choice would be a bit easier, but I'm scared to give up a deck 8 middle room for a deck 12 front one and possibly spend the whole trip feeling terrible. They have a spa special for 15% off which makes the day pass thing cheaper than the room upgrade anyways, so I may just do that instead.

If you are the only one who will want spa access then it is definitely cheaper to do the pass than change rooms. I am nervous about giving up my "perfectly located" (for us) deck 8 midship room but I figured with spa access for both my husband and I thrown in we would try something new. I am no expert on rooms but I thought the spa balconies were all up high and forward. I didnt realize they were in the middle too. I just tried a fake booking for 11/18/18 and the only spa balconies were forward.

Good Luck deciding! It is a hard choice!