Bad experience with Sunny Tours, Lisbon

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]We just got back from the Constellation transatlantic and had a great time except in the port of Lisbon courtesy of Sunny Tours. A fellow passenger had booked a tour for 15 of us with Sunny Tours for our day in Lisbon. She had arranged for a van with driver and guide, emailed back and forth and guess what? The company stood us up! We waited on the dock for 2 hours. She called the office and they said they'd send 2 cars and would be there in 10 minutes. After at least half an hour more, we all decided to forget about it and take the ship's shuttle into town and take the double decker bus tour since all the English speaking drivers had left the port. What a disappointment! We made the best of a bad situation, but I feel I should let you know if you were considering using this company. At least we didn't lose any money. Hopefully the woman who booked didn't have the cost come off her credit card. Any other bad experiences with private tours? Jim and Judy

Thanks for the feedback. Its important to know what vendors are reliable.

Jacqueline
Constellation 3/20/04
HAL Westerdam 7/30/04
Tahitian Princess August 2003
Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003
Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002
Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001
Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001
Grand Princess Med 2000

We had the same thing happen in Ajaccio, Corsica last year.

I had emailed the local taxi service months in advance, re-emailed before we left home to confirm it and guess what, he didn't turn up. We were going to do his special sightseeing tour of the island. We asked at the information desk at the port and the lass was sure he would come.

We waited for nearly an hour and then just walked around Ajaccio.

Another ship did dock before us and whether he got a better fare from that ship, who knows. The problem was that he was the only taxi service in Ajaccio so we couldn't use another and of course the ship's excursions were well and truly booked out.

I think sometimes, it pays to use the ship's excursions in the smaller places that aren't used to tourists.

Jennie.

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;03;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

Archived