Food Aboard the Norwegian Getaway

Muggle1969

Hi Everyone - new to cruise critic - and new to Norwegian - have previously sailed with RCCL. Can someone tell me if the food on Getaway is good? I've heard from people and it runs the spectrum, food is great to food is terrible. Someone who's sailed in the last couple of months please. Thanks

Hi Everyone - new to cruise critic - and new to Norwegian - have previously sailed with RCCL. Can someone tell me if the food on Getaway is good? I've heard from people and it runs the spectrum, food is great to food is terrible. Someone who's sailed in the last couple of months please. Thanks

I just was on the Getaway last week. The specialty restaurants are excellent and outstanding, and I think breakfast everywhere on the Getaway is excellent as well. As for lunch/dinner, the complimentary restaurants are good (Savor is the best in my opinion) and the Garden Cafe is a very typical buffet; nothing to write home about but perfectly fine - I made several delicious salads at the buffet for lunch.

I just was on the Getaway last week. The specialty restaurants are excellent and outstanding, and I think breakfast everywhere on the Getaway is excellent as well. As for lunch/dinner, the complimentary restaurants are good (Savor is the best in my opinion) and the Garden Cafe is a very typical buffet; nothing to write home about but perfectly fine - I made several delicious salads at the buffet for lunch.

What are the differences in the main restaurants? I’d thought I read they were all the same menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are the differences in the main restaurants? I’d thought I read they were all the same menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as I could tell, all 3 had some items on all of the menus all the time, but there were also some rotating dishes. Since I went to each just one time, I can't say whether all 3 have the exact same menu for any given meal.

That's great news - thanks!

Food is subjective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

s

The three MDRs

On the Getaway have identical menus coming from the same galley.

Btw: have CC change you name to be something other than your email address.

Food is subjective. But NCL has continued to evolve its menus to meet the tastes of the contemporary cruiser. There was outcry when NCL relplaced the fish&chips on the lunch menu with poached salmon. Similar outcry when chicken fingers left the menu. And international dishes like Pho was added.

We think that the Garden Cafe Buffet is superior to Windjammer. MDR there are highs and lows. We feel fewer lows on NCL. NCL offers more specialty dining options so the variety gives NCL the edge.