FlixBus Experiences? Thinking of using from Berlin to Warnemunde

We are flying into Berlin a few days early for a Baltic Cruise. I had thought we would take the train to the port, but my husband came across this bus service. It apparently goes many places in europe. It is quite inexpensive and sounds very easy for a transfer to the port, with a convenient schedule. HOWEVER, the reviews are a bit wierd and I haven't found much specific to this route. They mostly are either perfect 5 star scores with a few general comments or one-star rants with many bitter complaints. So I am looking to see if any of my fellow cruisers have any experience with this service. Thank you!

I use FlixBus and other long-distance bus services all around Europe (but I have not taken this specific route). For a 3-4 hour trip I wouldn't hesitate to choose the bus over the train, because it's generally much cheaper and not that much slower. But keep in mind that the pick-up and drop-off points are sometimes less conveniently located than the main train station. And there is always a danger of road traffic delays.

Another concern is that luggage stored in the hold occasionally goes missing, but you can protect yourself, for example by putting your luggage deep inside under everyone else's, or by locking your suitcases together, and choosing a seat where you can watch what's happening down below at intermediate stops.

I've used FlixBus from Hamburg to Berlin a few times. Very cheap, pretty comfortable, no complaints. They are cheaper when you book early, but you can also buy the ticket at the counter when you are there. I've never taken it to Warnemunde, and I'd look on a map to see where you get let out before booking. Also, leave plenty of time, one road accident or construction zone could set you back hours if you have very bad luck.