Sydney back to USA- best pricing?

cjmayes51

Looking at doing a bucket List cruise in 2019 on Princess, west coast to Sydney- 28 days-30 days.

For any of you who have done a transpacific one way, what kind of costs did you get on the flight back to the US. we are retired and don’t have enough frequent flyer miles on any airline to do the one way back to the east coast. I have heard good things about the Princess air program, can I get something around $1000 a person back to the east coast?

Charlie

Maybe in economy. If your return is less than 330 days away, you can get an EZ Air quote from the Princess website before you book. If it's farther out, try looking at any earlier cruise ending in Sydney and get an idea of what the pricing is like.

Without knowing dates and city pairs, I would say yes. We paid just under $650pp each for a way one flight to Sydney last fall using EZ Air (which I definitely recommend you use). We flew coach, which is obviously not easy, but it’s certainly tolerable. We were very picky about seat selection and even I managed to sleep about 6 hours sitting up (with the help of Ambien).

I think one way overseas tickets are one of ezairs best features! We are flying first class from west coast to LHR for $1049 pp on Delta this summer. If you try booking with Delta a oneway is same or more than round trip! We had miles for our return trip from Paris, but wanted the protection Princess offers if there was any delay with our flight to the cruise. We aren’t able to leave as early as I would have liked due to my daughter’s schedule.

You could see if you can find a 2018 cruise that ends in the same city as the 2019 and pull up current flights to get an idea of how much it would cost. Try a couple of different months so you can get a feel for highs and lows in ticket prices.

I think one way overseas tickets are one of ezairs best features! We are flying first class from west coast to LHR for $1049 pp on Delta this summer. If you try booking with Delta a oneway is same or more than round trip! We had miles for our return trip from Paris, but wanted the protection Princess offers if there was any delay with our flight to the cruise. We aren’t able to leave as early as I would have liked due to my daughter’s schedule.

You could see if you can find a 2018 cruise that ends in the same city as the 2019 and pull up current flights to get an idea of how much it would cost. Try a couple of different months so you can get a feel for highs and lows in ticket prices.

For First Class?! Are you serious? We usually pay just under $4,000 per person from SAN for Business! :o

This is just for the outbound Sea-LHR, round trip (returning from Paris) was around $2800 nonstop or $2300 with a connection. I had enough miles for 2 business class from Cdg-Sea for the return. My daughter is in Salt Lake and I’m meeting her there for the nonstop and the tickets were same price, which I thought was really strange but I agree It is a great price! I’ve checked a couple of times and it has gone up a bit to $1172, but that is still low.

Delta’s DeltaOne is probably more like business class, they just changed the name, when they redid the cabins. I have never flown in a real first class cabin overseas since I usually fly Delta, but it will be nice for the 91/2 hour flight!

This is just for the outbound Sea-LHR, round trip (returning from Paris) was around $2800 nonstop or $2300 with a connection. I had enough miles for 2 business class from Cdg-Sea for the return. My daughter is in Salt Lake and I’m meeting her there for the nonstop and the tickets were same price, which I thought was really strange but I agree It is a great price! I’ve checked a couple of times and it has gone up a bit to $1172, but that is still low.

Delta’s DeltaOne is probably more like business class, they just changed the name, when they redid the cabins. I have never flown in a real first class cabin overseas since I usually fly Delta, but it will be nice for the 91/2 hour flight!

Oh - okay, Delta One is definitely Business Class. I've flown in those seats last year to Europe on Delta and was uncomfortable due to the way the seats slide down. I prefer the shelf vs. a "ramp" for your feet when your bed is flat, but that's just a personal preference. It's still better than Prem. Economy and that's still an excellent price! Congrats!