Anne Frank Tickets with Introductory program

Cruiseoholic000

I would like to purchase Anne Frank tickets with the introductory program included. Am I understanding this correctly that these tickets go on sale two weeks before you want to visit. Should I plan on purchasing them two weeks in advance and get up in the middle of the night purchase them when the museum opens? I am hoping for a morning time slot. What is the earliest time available?

I would like to purchase Anne Frank tickets with the introductory program included. Am I understanding this correctly that these tickets go on sale two weeks before you want to visit. Should I plan on purchasing them two weeks in advance and get up in the middle of the night purchase them when the museum opens? I am hoping for a morning time slot. What is the earliest time available?

I am looking to buy tickets for the fall. Can you explain what the introductory program is, as compared to just admission to the museum? It has been many years since I visited the museum, so at lot has changed.

Tom & Judy

From the Anne Frank website

Introductory program

A 30-minute introduction for adults and youth (as from 10 years) on the life story of Anne Frank in the context of the Second World War and the Holocaust. So you will be well prepared for your museum visit.

Tickets for the introductory program are made available on the website two weeks in advance.

Tickets introductory program

Prices:

Adults: € 14,50

Age 10-17: € 10,-

Including a museum visit”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From the Anne Frank website

Introductory program

A 30-minute introduction for adults and youth (as from 10 years) on the life story of Anne Frank in the context of the Second World War and the Holocaust. So you will be well prepared for your museum visit.

Tickets for the introductory program are made available on the website two weeks in advance.

Tickets introductory program

Prices:

Adults: € 14,50

Age 10-17: € 10,-

Including a museum visit”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This presents an interesting dilemma, since regular tickets are available up to 2 months in advance, but tickets with the advance program are only available 2 weeks in advance. Right now I could buy regular tickets for various dates in May (not necessarily good times, but some times are available), but no tickets for any day or time are available for the advance program.

Tom & Judy

I would definitely set my alarm, tickets go very fast - several weeks before a visit to Amsterdam in March, our friends tried to get regular tickets online - already sold out. Think 9 am is the first time slot.

We did the introductory tour and were glad we did. It is just a 30 minute presentation at the beginning that discusses the Franks and other families involved, the political climate at the time, and what we would see on the tour. It was nice to have that context, especially for dh who did not read the book. We went in September and I did not get up in the middle of the night for tickets, though I did get them the earliest day I could. I'll admit I'd already bought standard tickets just in case and just wrote of that money as "insurance."

The house tour itself is a self guided shuffle with an audio guide cued to each room. The house is small, somewhat cramped, and empty of furniture. There is a very nice small museum at the end and a video presentation of Anne's contemporaries and current people discussing the impact her book had.

• 2 months later...

I got up at 3am to buy tickets. No tickets listed, the date is not highlighted and times are not listed at the bottom. I took 1 hour off (10:30am) and still no tickets listed. The 15th is in two weeks. I keep clicking the calendar as to not time out my session. I am wondering how many more hours of this I am going to have to look at no times listed. I wish they would say tickets are not for sale yet or we are sold out for a private event something besides just blank white space. The museum closes in four hours and I hope I don't have to do this tomorrow. Thanks for letting me vent.

I would definitely set my alarm, tickets go very fast - several weeks before a visit to Amsterdam in March, our friends tried to get regular tickets online - already sold out. Think 9 am is the first time slot.

We almost missed seeing the Anne Frank house as The 2 month window is easy to miss. So yes, put a reminder in your phone. We did the Anne Frank Quarters Walking Tour the day before seeing «* The Annex*». It was worthwhile, putting everything in context. We were there this past May.