No YC for UK but cabins available on US site?

kenzie

I have been looking for YC in Jan 2019 on Seaside but cannot find any on UK site but they are available on US -why would that be.:(:(

Welcome to MSC.... lol Two different booking entities. I ran into a similar problem when we booked our cruise that we took on Seaside last month. I showed certain experiences sold out for specific dates.....Then people from overseas (Europe) told me the UK site showed a bunch of cabins still available?? My suggestion would be to call MSC and discuss and see if they could release a cabin to the UK site.

They have different allocations for different regions. If you wait a while you may find they stop selling the YC in say the US and sell them in the UK instead. I had the same issue last year, there were YC cabins for sale in the UK but the not in Italy, then they made them available. Best to keep checking.

The basic answer is "ABTA".

Passage sold to the British market is subject to ABTA consumer-protection rules -- what amount to

mandatory, pricey, ultra-premium cruise insurance. In the US market, you can buy as much or as

little cruise-protection insurance as you wish.

What you're seeing is MSC keeping those YC cabins exempt from ABTA.

ABTA certainly isn't the reason - it's a voluntary industry association providing protection in case of travel agent or tour operator bankruptcy. The cost of ABTA is £39 per £1,000,000 turnover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_British_Travel_Agents

I sit corrected as to name and culprit... Try "Package Travel Directive" and Brussels.

I blamed the messenger. My bad.

I have been looking for YC in Jan 2019 on Seaside but cannot find any on UK site but they are available on US -why would that be.:(:(

MSC put blocks of cabins for sale exclusively in one region for a limited time, eg:- the whole YC, say for 8 weeks then moves that block to another region or opens it up to all regions, depending on how far in advance of sailing it is.

So you have you keep checking and they may become available.

Welcome to "mad marketing" by MSC

Pete