Getting off ship in barbados?

bronzebeauty

We are taking cruise out of san juan pr in may. A couple of people in our family do not have a passport, is it true that you need a passport to get off and back on the ship in barbados?? (I know its reccomended and a good idea to have a passport if something were to happen) I am just trying to find out if the ones without the passport will have to stay on the ship while in port. Thanks

I've never cruised without a passport, but no one in Barbados asked for our passport when we left the ship or returned -- just show your seapass card and maybe bring along a driver's licens just in case.

Are you sure they can even get onto the cruise ship without a passport? :confused:

If it's a closed loop cruise( begins and ends in same u.s. port) and you are a u.s. citizen a passport is not required. Most of our family has a passport but some do not and they have been on several cruises. We were just confused about this port because a coworker told us that she thought a passport was required at this port.

If it's a closed loop cruise( begins and ends in same u.s. port) and you are a u.s. citizen a passport is not required. Most of our family has a passport but some do not and they have been on several cruises. We were just confused about this port because a coworker told us that she thought a passport was required at this port.

We didn't have to show our passports in Barbados. Just the ship card.