No cabin assigned before boarding (sail away rate). Luggage tags?

Aldeya

We just booked a very last minute cruise on Escape. For the first time we decided to book sail away rate cat.BX.

I searched the boards and see that the majority of guarantee cabins are assigned prior to boarding.

Usually we get the tags before cruise , put them on our bags, get to the port, give them to the luggage people :) and board the ship.

I also read that some people didn't get the assigned cabin until the boarding day.

So if you don't have a cabin number to put on the luggage tag how do you handle your luggage at embarkation? May sound silly but I really don't know how does it work.

Thanks for any pointers.

Edited by Aldeya

The porters will have your cabin assignment and they can get you luggage tags without any problem. You might be able to get your information the day before you sail from your myNCL account.

Thank you everyone. I'll keep checking and hope to get the cabin assigned prior to embarkation. Now at least I know how it works if this is not the case. Oh and we ALWAYS tip the porters to make sure our bags are not delivered to an Alaska cruise instead of the Carribean one :D