Splash Academy Light Night

Asteria000

This is my third cruise but my first time cruising with my 5-year-old son. We are sailing on the Escape. What do the kids do during the Splash Academy Light Night? I am a night owl but my little guy is not, so I'm concerned about how he'll do, or maybe he'll just sleep, I don't know. Also, what specific movies have they shown your 3-5-year-olds? My little guy has never seen a PG movie and has seen very few movies overall so he can be sensitive to some.

My kids love late night and beg me to sign them up for it almost every night. It is $6.00 an hour for one child or $10.00 an hour for two children. They usually have planned activities for each night on the schedule (gaga ball, movies, wii, board games, dance parties etc.) but they will change activities depending on who signs up for late night and what the children would prefer to do.

Sorry I can't remember the exact movies they show but they are always appropriate.

Enjoy your cruise!

They no longer do the per hour charge for late night. Instead, there is a flat fee regardless of whether they stay 1 hour or the entire time. I can't remember how much it is, but maybe someone else can update.

They will have places where he can relax and enjoy some quiet if he wants. I would encourage you to encourage him to police himself with movies, so he can avoid or leave ones that bother him. (At age 15, my son still does this. He will read reviews and say, "I don't think I'm ready for that yet." Haha!) That said, I don't remember a lot of late night movies, but it's been a long time since my son was that age, so I might be wrong.

They no longer do the per hour charge for late night. Instead, there is a flat fee regardless of whether they stay 1 hour or the entire time. I can't remember how much it is, but maybe someone else can update.

They will have places where he can relax and enjoy some quiet if he wants. I would encourage you to encourage him to police himself with movies, so he can avoid or leave ones that bother him. (At age 15, my son still does this. He will read reviews and say, "I don't think I'm ready for that yet." Haha!) That said, I don't remember a lot of late night movies, but it's been a long time since my son was that age, so I might be wrong.

Wow that's crazy there is only a flat fee now! I was just on in February and it was still per hour. I have 2 kids who often do late night, some nights for only one hour ($10.00) other nights for all 3 hours ($30.00). Hopefully it's a reasonable fee would hate to pay the maximum fee for hours not used.

Wow that's crazy there is only a flat fee now! I was just on in February and it was still per hour. I have 2 kids who often do late night, some nights for only one hour ($10.00) other nights for all 3 hours ($30.00). Hopefully it's a reasonable fee would hate to pay the maximum fee for hours not used.

I found the info. It’s $24 for first child and $20 for additional kids. Same price even if they are there for 30 minutes!

http:// https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/do-i-have-pay-splash-academy-entourage-or-late-night-fun-zone-programs-sea-days-and-port-days

I found the info. It’s $24 for first child and $20 for additional kids. Same price even if they are there for 30 minutes!

http:// https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/do-i-have-pay-splash-academy-entourage-or-late-night-fun-zone-programs-sea-days-and-port-days

Holy smokes that’s expensive! I realize that $6 was probably too low, but $24 for 30 mins or even an hour is way overboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/do-i-have-pay-splash-academy-entourage-or-late-night-fun-zone-programs-sea-days-and-port-days

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!! That is CRAZY! Very often my kids are tired out in the evening but want to do an hour of late night because of a fun scheduled activity. So for me to send them for just an hour would be $44.00

I don't see very many parents sending their children to late night anymore myself included.