Ok for Ireland residents to use Royals UK site rather than Irish site to save money?

Question for UK/Ireland residents - I have been looking at a Royal Caribbean cruise and checked both the UK site and the Irish site. (I know that the US site can be different in what is offered etc and that you can't (or shouldn't) book if you are not a US resident).

The UK site comes out cheaper however than the Irish one i.e. the Sterling prices when converted to Euro are about 15% cheaper.

Does anyone know if there are any rules that would prevent me using the UK site to save this cash?

Thanks.

How could they?

EU residents can choose any EU country to do a purchase!

Anything else would be against the law!

Thanks Thorben, makes sense. And I've been reading a few other threads saying you can pretty much book on the US websites too with no hassle or through US travel agents.

I am Canadian and have booked a RCCL cruise in the EU, Germany, paying in Euros and using my address in Canada.

I was using an English language German site for cabin availability before booking a TA cruise and saw that it was about 40% cheaper to do so in the EU rather than in North America when the cost was converted from Euros to $CAD. Normally this isn't the case as typically the EU booking sites are more expensive for me than booking in N.A.

The fact that that German site provides English service indicates that one can do this.

Thanks Thorben, makes sense. And I've been reading a few other threads saying you can pretty much book on the US websites too with no hassle or through US travel agents.

I believe one must provide a NA address to book directly with RCCL here but this isn't required if going through a travel agency.

Not really...they a compliant to an EU requirement...rather than wanting to attract north Americans!;):D

I didn't indicate it was to attract North American but I felt was directed towards UK residents.

That German site didn't hesitate what so ever in making that booking for us.

We’ve done both ( US web site and US travel agent) with no problems at all and we live in England. So I’m sure you’ll be absolutely fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ive just posted on the similar thread about UK/US sites that the pound is at the highest its been against the dollar since Brexit and expected to rise. This is beneficial for UK residents purchasing in dollars at the moment.

The pound is also the highest its been against the Euro for a year so just be careful with your exchange rate purchasing from Ireland on the UK site.

I booked my upcoming Navigator cruise on the Uk site with no issues at all. I just paid online using my Irish debit card.

Irish residents seem to be hit way and beyond exchange rate differences at the moment. I have recently booked an MSC cruise via the UK as the cost via MSC Ireland was almost €950 more for 2 adults on the same cruise which works out at 45% more.

It's called rip off Ireland for a good reason.