Tahitian Princess Balconies

bostoncruisergirl

Hi- I posted this on the Princess Board but maybe here's a better spot for this...

We are close to booking on the Tahitian Princess for next September 18th, the Cook Islands itinerary. I would really like to book a balcony room but have never had one before so I have a couple of questions:

The best price we have gotten is for a category BC room- should we book a specific room or chose a GUAR and have the chance for something better? If we book a specific room for this itinerary is it better to be on the port or starboard side or doesn't matter?

Thanks!!!

My advice would be to look at the worst possible Category BC room you could get and be prepared to have it. That is the worst you can do with a guarantee. If you have no preference at all, go for it. We booked a guarantee and didn't get upgraded to anything better, but I was fine with what we had, a balcony cabin.

I don't think that port or starboard will matter much. Most of the time the ship is anchored offshore and moves around.

Hope this helps you.

we had a BD our first time, and it was a wonderful room with a great location. if you have a location you feel more comfortable with, I would book a specific room. If you don't care where your room is, book a guarantee. don't hold your breath for an upgrade though.

Category BC is certainly the best price on that sailing...my suggestion is to ask your TA what cabins are left and pick one of them. An upgrade is highly unlikely as there are not a whole lot of balconys left on that sailing.

Whatever balcony cabin you book, book on the port (left side). I just got off the TP (the Dec. 20 sailing, cabin 7020) and you wouldn't belive the view from the balcony of the mountains of Bora Bora on the port side when anchored. The ship moves from side to side somewhat when anchored but not in a circle!

You will love your balcony - especially on such a scenic cruise to FP. My DH and I spend as much time as possible on the balcony - reading, relaxing, and just watching the ocean. Warning, once you have a balcony - it's hard to cruise without one.

:-)

Sandy

Charlotte, NC

I'm so glad to hear the raves about balconies! I'm planning our honeymoon and only our second ever cruise. We have a BD balcony booked for the July 24 sailing of the Tahitian Princess from Hawaii to Tahiti (6070 I believe). We loved our cruise before on Celebrity Zenith - we only had an inside, but it was great because we didn't spend any time in our room. For this much time at sea (and for a honeymoon!), I'm so glad we will have a balcony!

We have been on 15+ cruises (4 to Alaska) and we have never had our balcony locked!....even in a terrible storm in the Baltic. We did inside once & outside once...have had a balcony for the rest. True...once you have one it's almost impossible to go back. Our favorite time is before dinner enjoying a glass of wine!

cmnd2 - We had cabin #6070 (port side) on the TP (then owned by Renaissance) in 2000 and liked it so much we asked for it again in 2003. It's a great location. On our Nov 30 cruise this year, we had cabin #7047 on starboard (booked a BE guarantee and ended up with BB). No matter which side of the ship you are on, you will enjoy this cruise!

Kathy

Archived