Whoa, Pixels Package price increase already?

nicole9s

We just got off the Magic 4/7...our friends bought the $250 pkg precruise...got all their prints and the digitals loaded on a Carnival flashdrive...they took every pix they could during cruise...they had a lot of pix...all 8x10...

We purchased a few pix for us onboard (no pre-purchase)...1 8x10...2 5×7s with 4 wallets on each sheet...and 3 digital uploads...spent about $70-$75...I would not be interested in all the 8x10s in the pkg friends bought...she said she did not have choice with pkg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

I was wondering this if you could take as many as you want. I wonder if they will start limiting how many of a size you can request?

The newer iPhones (8 and X) have such good cameras, and built-in filters and such, you almost don't need a professional (I use that term loosely) photographer to get good shots. Can't wait for the "brilliant" announcement that "eye phones" are banned on Carnival for that reason!

It says "save up to 65%" on the NEW $399.99 price. Did they go up on the individual price on the ship, too? I was thinking they had the same thing in the corner when the price was $249.99. This was for the " all the print and digital files.

Oh well. Logged in today because my cc just cycled but wont pay that. I'm holding off on booking anything new for the future until my existing Vista voyages are complete. BTW, my Cruise Manager still says 80% off:

Pixels_Icon_45x50%20png.png

Pixels Photo Packages

Capture all of the best moments of your cruise with photo packages. Buy pre-cruise, save up to 80% vs. buying individually onboard. Carnival

Carnival Greed at it's best.

They saw that many people were buying the affordable pixels package figure why not raise the prices and milk them for more money. Ba$tards. :mad:

That's not greed. That's how business and economies work. If I see great demand, then you bet your ass I'm raising prices. Sooner or later they'll find the equilibrium price point where any higher results in lower revenue. It's better to sell, say, 500 packages at $400 than 700 packages at $250, even though it's fewer people.

Believe it or not, companies exist to make money for their owners/shareholders - not to make Georgie happy.

It says "save up to 65%" on the NEW $399.99 price. Did they go up on the individual price on the ship, too? I was thinking they had the same thing in the corner when the price was $249.99. This was for the " all the print and digital files.

They did. But the details on the "savings" now says:

Save up to 68% vs purchasing (60) 8x10 prints & digital files onboard

It didn't used to say 60 prints. I think it was 20 or 30 prints.

I won't pay the $399, but would pay $249 without question. I have seen on Facebook people getting over a 100 prints because of these "new" packages. I think Carnival didn't realize how many prints people would get with these packages, and has to increase the price based on what people are getting.

I think the early adopters getting 400 pictures caused this.

Yup. The same type of mentality that causes people to get 15 drinks a day on Cheers because they "paid for 15 per day".

"By golly, I paid for all-you-can-eat and I'm going to pig out"

If they didn't anticipate people would get as many pictures as they could with an unlimited picture package, then they aren't smart enough to run Carnival.

Price increase has nothing to do with how many prints people were getting. Especially since the print only package went up by $50, while the USB package went up $150. That has nothing to do with increased cost of providing picture service.

Package was more popular than they anticipated at that price point, so they jumped it sky high to maximize revenue. And, they figured it was worth pissing off customers who just missed purchase prior to the price increase.

Cruise Manager has been updated to reflect the lower % discount. Thanks for reading and taking care of this Carnival...

Pixels Photo Packages

Capture all of the best moments of your cruise with photo packages. Buy pre-cruise, save up to 68% vs. buying individually onboard.

Oh well. Logged in today because my cc just cycled but wont pay that. I'm holding off on booking anything new for the future until my existing Vista voyages are complete. BTW, my Cruise Manager still says 80% off:

Pixels Photo Packages

Capture all of the best moments of your cruise with photo packages. Buy pre-cruise, save up to 80% vs. buying individually onboard. Carnival

From JH’s FB page

Before I go to sleep I wanted to mention the photo packages that so many of you have been writing to me about

I ( Carnival ) appreciate your feedback and interest in our new Pixels photo packages that were previewed with introductory pricing on March 21.

These pre-cruise packages have been very well received with demand that exceeded expectations and challenged our ability to deliver all the purchased packages to our guests onboard.

Our intent was never to disappoint, and we are in the process of re-evaluating the packages to better meet the needs of our guests and our onboard teams and plan to have more information available soon

Thanks and more on this as soon as I have any news

Goodnight

Sent from my iPhone using Forums