Copenhagen Hotels

custompcsys

We are booked on the Star Princess June 14 Baltic cruise and are arriving a day early. Apparently there is some sort of large event in Copenhagen that week, because all of the hotels are booked solid, and even Princess said the hotels they normally contract with for their pre-cruise packages pulled their space, so nothing through Princess either!

I did manage to get a confirmed reservation at the Park Inn Copenhagen Airport. Not in downtown like we wanted, but there really wasn't much choice! Has anyone had any experience with this particular hotel? Our flight lands at 4:30 in the afternoon and we wanted to spend some time in the city during the evening, but now I'm not so sure that will work with staying at/near the airport.

Any experiences or hints would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

I found that many of the search engines, ie travelocity, orbitz, hotels.com etc were listing no vacancies on their websites but when I contacted the hotel directly through their website via email, they did have vacancies:confused: Not sure why that happened but if you haven't tried that already, give it a go.

Julia

If all else fails, not to worry. Buy a train card at the airport and spend some time in the city. It's only about a 20 minute train ride. The trains are very clean and on time. You can still see the city while staying at the airport. Not as convienent as staying in the city, but not as bad as you might think. The central train station lets you off right across from Tavoli Gardens and can walk to the Stroget as well. Try the Sofitel website, they have a very nice hotel right next to the train station.

Good luck!

Mary

When we were in Copenhagen, we also found most of the hotels booked (we booked our cruise very close to cruise time). We wanted the SAS but couldn't get it. Finally ended up at the Hotel Vesterbro. Typical boring 3 star hotel (not enough closet space, very blah room decor), but in a very good location - a few blocks from Tivoli Garden. Served a good breakfast, had free internet access. Certainly preferable to staying near the airport. Try emailing them directly.

Jane

• 2 months later...

Sorry, just saw this thread now (in March!). The reason that many hotels are booked solid for June 11-14 is because of the Rotary International Convention in Copenhagen. I wish I had known this before booking my airfare to leave Copenhagen on the 16th! Anyhow, I gave up looking in Copenhagen and booked the Best Western Premier Master Johan in Malmo, Sweden. Malmo is only 30 minutes from Copenhagen over the Oresund Bridge and is Sweden's third largest city. Staying in Malmo also gives one easy access to Lund.

We are booked on the Star Princess June 14 Baltic cruise and are arriving a day early. Apparently there is some sort of large event in Copenhagen that week, because all of the hotels are booked solid, and even Princess said the hotels they normally contract with for their pre-cruise packages pulled their space, so nothing through Princess either!

I did manage to get a confirmed reservation at the Park Inn Copenhagen Airport. Not in downtown like we wanted, but there really wasn't much choice! Has anyone had any experience with this particular hotel? Our flight lands at 4:30 in the afternoon and we wanted to spend some time in the city during the evening, but now I'm not so sure that will work with staying at/near the airport.

Any experiences or hints would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Have you tried priceline? We got the Marriot for $93 a night. It's worth a try. We loved the Marriott.

Archived