Allure-Onboard Temps. May 13

Trying to plan for the Allure inside Temperatures on our May 13 sailing.What are the inside temperatures on the Allure kept at. Do you need a sweater or Jacket for everywhere on the ship, in MDR, all Shows, all the time? Need to know how many top layers to pack. I have to ask. I already know some shows can be cool so might need a sweater for those. Will a few long sleeve top layers for over things and 2 sweaters (white and black) do me, or do I need to think heavier duty stuff to stay comfortable. Yes, I know it will be May and the Caribbean is warm. But I was on an NCL ship that froze us to death and left me traumatized. Could not wear anything we planned because all had to wear so many layers and only wear our warmest stuff. We had to go outside to warm up. Some even wore cabin robes around for warmth or brought out room blankets to wrap up in. It was miserable. So I am asking what to expect before I load my suitcase down with too many warm clothes and have no room for the warm weather clothes I will likely need.

I usually bring a light jacket to wear during the day over my normal summer clothes. It is a light weight hooded North Face fleece. I've found the air conditioning can be a bit chilly and this helps. Same at dinner but I just put up with it there. The worst is if you are going to an ice show but that is to be expected.

I do something similar with a lightweight zip-up hoodie. Since I (generally) have to fly to wherever the ship departs from, I just wear that (and other "warmer" clothes) onto the plane, since it's usually kinda chilly in the air.

Thank you. Sounds like I need to add a day time casual coverup to my night time coverups. As a woman, we do have to coordinate a little. You men get away so easily. Does not sound like it is arctic cold. I would expect cold for the ice show. I will wear one on my flight.

Thank you. Sounds like I need to add a day time casual coverup to my night time coverups. As a woman, we do have to coordinate a little. You men get away so easily. Does not sound like it is arctic cold. I would expect cold for the ice show. I will wear one on my flight.

So true!! I honestly make a spreadsheet of what I am going to pack so that I don't miss anything. The only thing I never manage to bring is a night time cover up because I don't find one that works with most of my outfits. My boyfriend has it so much easier.

PS, we'll be on the sailing right after you!! Boarding May 20th!!

So true!! I honestly make a spreadsheet of what I am going to pack so that I don't miss anything. The only thing I never manage to bring is a night time cover up because I don't find one that works with most of my outfits. My boyfriend has it so much easier.

PS, we'll be on the sailing right after you!! Boarding May 20th!!

When in doubt I wear lots of black with pops of color.

Trying to plan for the Allure inside Temperatures on our May 13 sailing.What are the inside temperatures on the Allure kept at. Do you need a sweater or Jacket for everywhere on the ship, in MDR, all Shows, all the time? Need to know how many top layers to pack. I have to ask. I already know some shows can be cool so might need a sweater for those. Will a few long sleeve top layers for over things and 2 sweaters (white and black) do me, or do I need to think heavier duty stuff to stay comfortable. Yes, I know it will be May and the Caribbean is warm. But I was on an NCL ship that froze us to death and left me traumatized. Could not wear anything we planned because all had to wear so many layers and only wear our warmest stuff. We had to go outside to warm up. Some even wore cabin robes around for warmth or brought out

room blankets to wrap up in. It was miserable. So I am asking what to expect before I load my suitcase down with too many warm clothes and have no room for the warm weather clothes I will likely need.

On our Easter week Allure cruise, we found the overall temperature to be warm, even in our cabin. However, the ice rink was pretty chilly.:D

Trying to plan for the Allure inside Temperatures on our May 13 sailing.What are the inside temperatures on the Allure kept at. Do you need a sweater or Jacket for everywhere on the ship, in MDR, all Shows, all the time? Need to know how many top layers to pack. I have to ask. I already know some shows can be cool so might need a sweater for those. Will a few long sleeve top layers for over things and 2 sweaters (white and black) do me, or do I need to think heavier duty stuff to stay comfortable. Yes, I know it will be May and the Caribbean is warm. But I was on an NCL ship that froze us to death and left me traumatized. Could not wear anything we planned because all had to wear so many layers and only wear our warmest stuff. We had to go outside to warm up. Some even wore cabin robes around for warmth or brought out room blankets to wrap up in. It was miserable. So I am asking what to expect before I load my suitcase down with too many warm clothes and have no room for the warm weather clothes I will likely need.

I've cruised Allure and Oasis 3 times this time of year and my wife brings a light sweater. That is enough for her and she is very temperature sensitive. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_urticaria

On our Easter week Allure cruise, we found the overall temperature to be warm, even in our cabin. However, the ice rink was pretty chilly.:D

Many people find the MDR and theater cold. They temp to get them extra cold as the temps rise when the rooms get crowded.