Please assist - first time VOOM user

My concern: My very first cruise, I made the mistake of briefly using my cell phone while out at sea. It cost me a couple of bucks more than I was comfortable with. Since then, when I cruise my phone is turned off till I am back in the cruise port. Next week's family cruise on the Allure, all 3 in our party have purchased the Deluxe Bev Package and VOOM.

I believe on board each of us connect to the Royal Wi-Fi wireless network and enter our code/pin number to access VOOM. Do we need to set up any special phone settings to avoid unexpected charges? Can anyone guide me on how to avoid those fees? Also, when off the Allure on shore in the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Martin will VOOM work and if so are there any worries of incurring unintended fees?

Put the phone into Airplane Mode and then turn on WiFi.

VOOM will only work on the ship.

In St. Thomas, you can use your phone normally, since that is treated just like the continental US.

Put the phone into Airplane Mode and then turn on WiFi.

VOOM will only work on the ship.

In St. Thomas, you can use your phone normally, since that is treated just like the continental US.

Thank you, Bob! Follow up question. So we are meeting private tours in St. Martin and Nassau and both requested we contact them when we disembark to simplify first contact. So, based on your directions those calls should be made onboard the ship shortly before we head to the gangway?

Thank you, Bob! Follow up question. So we are meeting private tours in St. Martin and Nassau and both requested we contact them when we disembark to simplify first contact. So, based on your directions those calls should be made onboard the ship shortly before we head to the gangway?

Yes, the ship's internet service is on all the time, so you should call/text/email before you leave the ship.