The Chef's table tour.

Getandgo

Well hopefully someone with current info can tell you but I will give you my impression of my two dinners at the Chefs Table. I went last April on the Valor and in July on the Vista. Both menus were different and there’s a good chance that the menu on your ship will be different seeing that it’s a different year.

I am a foodie and love to try different things. I don’t mind being surprised so not knowing the menu going in isn’t a big deal for me. I will say I was somewhat concerned that when we went on the Vista that my 12 year old son who usually prefers pizza and hamburgers when we eat out would not eat anything but he actually enjoyed it as did my 14 year old daughter and 17 year old son (the only children there- it’s rare for kids to eat there.) They enjoyed a duck dish and lamb dish very much.

They serve so many courses that even if you don’t enjoy one you should still get full. I think I barely touched the lamb but I was still stuffed. There’s a couple appetizers- usually a soup. A fish course, some sort of bird, and usually beef in some form. A few desserts. I’m sorry I can’t give specific dishes but if you are the type of person that is very picky and must know what they are serving I’d say it might not be for you since the menu is subject to change. But if you are adventurous and are just asking out of curiosity Id say go for it. If my 12 year wasn’t horrified by the menu I think it can’t be all the scary for anyone else except for very specific choosy eaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Appetizers, soup, entrees including fish, fowl, beef or pork or both, incredible bread, dessert, and wines.

I think too much information is a spoiler alert. It is a fun evening with a couple of surprises.

If you want only meat and potatoes (which I often do), this isn't for you.

If you want a fun evening with things prepared in ways you probably haven't had before, try it.

Each course is served separately. Each portion looks a little small, but don't be fooled. I learned the hard way that if you're not truly fond of one course, don't finish it. By the end of the evening I was too full to taste the last entree or the dessert.

It's an adventure that I now consider to be the most fun evening of the entire cruise.

Do a Google Image search for “Carnival Chef’s Table Menu”. You will see many photos of the menus. It is fairly consistent on a ship for a couple of years, then they will roll out s new menu gradually throughout the fleet. This is one a I found that matches what we had in the Freedom in 2016. I have no way to confirm whether you will,have the same menu, though. ca64ae014403e3cad62e8db3c710a7d3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This one seems to be the more recent Chef’s Table menu. From the Dream in 2017. But also matches what rolled out earlier on the Vista. I would think this is more likely the menu you will see now.2630094afae0916257749d3b3bb6f66b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is a new menu for us! Does anyone know how to the check the CT menu for an upcoming cruise?