A few ?s about Tepanyaki dining . . . (Seaside )

thegraminator

Okay , first off , I am pretty sure that is not the correct spelling of this dining experience but I think you know what I mean . I know that I can not make reservations for this until we are on the ship correct ?

So should we make the reservation immediately once we board, like does it book up quickly because of the limited seating ? Are there dining options for both lunch and dinner ?

Do they offer lo mein noodles in addition to the rice ? And is it a pre fixed menu or are there options to customize your order ?

Do they offer a children's menu ?

Can we use our Fantactica drink vouchers for beverages during our meal there ?

And lastly , ( and I am almost afraid to ask this ) do we tip our chef ? I have seen several videos of guests eating here and it looks like a great experience with entertainment and good food ! We are hoping to get an opening for our family of six .

Thanks for any information you can share !

The first two pages from this link show the menu and pricing: https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Assets/Chef_Roy_Yamaguchi_ENG.PDF

There is one kids menu choice at the bottom of page two. It is limited seating but I never saw the restaurant crowded when we were aboard. When we ate there was only one other couple at our grill/table. If it's a must do for six then I would make the reservation when boarding, there will be piles of workers trying to sell dinners/packages. The menu is a choice from three pre-fixe options and I don't think they would substitute Lo Mein noodles for the fried rice. I bet they would bring over an a la carte noodle dish from Roy's fusion or sushi restaurants which are right beside the Teppanyaki - see other menus in link. Our chef disappeared rather quickly after finishing so when we finished eating our waiter actually asked me to make sure that the tip I was leaving was for the chef and not him. Our drink package worked fine in all the specialty restaurants.

Yes on the drink coupons. We did tip our Chef generously. Ate there the other night and loved it. Not part of the trio package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to be certain, the trio package will not work? I think I have seen mixed information on this but maybe I am recalling incorrectly?

See that is the question, if you booked the Trio early enough, it included the Teppanyaki, but if you booked it recently, it would not include the Teppanyaki side of things, at least according to the associates at MSC support. I will say I have found them to be very friendly, but very uninformed regarding alot of things. Multiple answers to the same questions.