Which hotels near the Port in Miami? How is getting to the Ft Lauderdale airport?

metro211

Hi all,

Wondering where,you'd recommend I book a hotel for the night before the cruise. Also, we are sailing out of Miami but flying home out of Fort Lauderdale. Has anyone done this? How long does it take to get to the airport in Fort Lauderdale from the pier? Thanks for your help!

And happy cruising!

Here is the link to the Florida home port here on CC. Lots of good information here to search through.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We usually stay at the Intercontinental on Chopin Plaza and lots of people also stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, both are close to the Bayside Market place.

Here is the link to the Florida home port here on CC. Lots of good information here to search through.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We usually stay at the Intercontinental on Chopin Plaza and lots of people also stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, both are close to the Bayside Market place.

If it's your usual spot, I take it you like the IC? Staying there for the first time next month. :)

I do this all the time its about 1/2/ hour ride , I usually use QLS shuttle and it cost $15.00-20.00 a person from port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport..
I've been looking at QLS, do you like them? They're online reservation seems a little simpler than SAS. SAS makes you fill out a separate form for the return trip, QLS is all in one. We're staying in Ft. Lauderdale the night before, taking advantage of a hotel's park & cruise, so we need a round-trip shuttle to Miami & back.

We stayed at the Hilton Doubletree Miami airport a month ago. Would stay again & recommend. We flew into & out of FLL & used Uber for transportation. The ride to the hotel was slow & $$$. It was also unfortunate timing. My flight landed at 3:45. I had to get luggage & meet up with my boyfriend & his mom. That landed us squarely into Friday rush hour... during the Miami music festival. Hence the slow & expensive.

The ride to FLL from port was about $34 for all 3 of us in a Lyft & took exactly 40 mins. Easy peasy.

I've been looking at QLS, do you like them? They're online reservation seems a little simpler than SAS. SAS makes you fill out a separate form for the return trip, QLS is all in one. We're staying in Ft. Lauderdale the night before, taking advantage of a hotel's park & cruise, so we need a round-trip shuttle to Miami & back.

We use QLS every time we cruise out of Miami. Almost always one of the flights is out of FLL - just works out cheaper that way. They will be calling you before you are even off the ship. Will meet you right across the medium from your ship. First recommended to me by a friend who lived in Miami for years. She uses them everytime she flies home to visit family. Do not hesitate to use WLS.

yes !! we also stay in Ft. Lauderdale one night pre cruise and have QLS , pick us up at the hotel, and then again when we get off the ship, as others have posted they call you , as they are about to pick you up ,and let you know where to meet them, so make sure when you make you reservations you give them your cell number, and then put your cell phone on when you dock . .

Hi all,

Wondering where,you'd recommend I book a hotel for the night before the cruise. Also, we are sailing out of Miami but flying home out of Fort Lauderdale. Has anyone done this? How long does it take to get to the airport in Fort Lauderdale from the pier? Thanks for your help!

And happy cruising!

Flying into FLL as well as out of FLL? :confused: If so lots of cruisers, as mentioned above choose to stay in the FLL area and then head to POM the morning of your cruise. In addition to QLS check SAS, MJS, Go Airport and others for shared shuttle service from your hotel; or use UberX or standard Lyft for about $35+ for the car (good for 2-3 passengers and normal bags).

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info. ;)

We use QLS every time we cruise out of Miami. Almost always one of the flights is out of FLL - just works out cheaper that way. They will be calling you before you are even off the ship. Will meet you right across the medium from your ship. First recommended to me by a friend who lived in Miami for years. She uses them everytime she flies home to visit family. Do not hesitate to use WLS.

yes !! we also stay in Ft. Lauderdale one night pre cruise and have QLS , pick us up at the hotel, and then again when we get off the ship, as others have posted they call you , as they are about to pick you up ,and let you know where to meet them, so make sure when you make you reservations you give them your cell number, and then put your cell phone on when you dock . .
Thanks for the info. :) I think that's who we'll go with. How do you decide the best time to schedule your return pick-up? Since it depends on when/how you debark. Since we'll be starting our (long) drive home as soon as we get back to our car, I'm pretty sure we'll debark early and get on the road, but if we decide to stay on board a little while and have a leisurely breakfast, I guess we'll have to schedule the shuttle accordingly.