Carnival horizon - traditional dining

Mary49

Hi, just wondering if anybody knows of a good table in Reflections that would be nice and quiet table for 2? Maybe by the window? I know it is in the Reflections Dining Room. Just curious if anybody sailed on her yet. Thanks for any info.:cool::cool:

I've cruised on the Vista and we dined in the Aft dining room.... Since Reflections dining room is midship and only one floor...your chances of getting a quiet table for 2 is virtually nil. The definition of a table for 2 on Carnival is separated by 6" by the next table!! On our cruise...we were seated in the rear dining room which had 2 floors. We were fortunate to get a table for 2 against the railing overlooking the lower level on the upper dining room floor. So we had true table for 2. I do not recall seeing any other "true" tables for 2 other than tables for 4 being pulled apart to make a table for 2

Those tables for two are not so bad if you get the ends. But for some reason we got stuck in the middle. Hated it But on the vista we were seated at one of these type tables in the middle of tables for 4. On our one side people never showed up and we got friendly with the table for 4 on the other side There is nothing private with these tables

Those tables for two are not so bad if you get the ends. But for some reason we got stuck in the middle. Hated it But on the vista we were seated at one of these type tables in the middle of tables for 4. On our one side people never showed up and we got friendly with the table for 4 on the other side There is nothing private with these tables

If you nest restaurant private you are in the wrong vacation. That said, while we mostly travel in groups when we have sailed as a couple, you will get the chance to meet some of your fellow cruisers. It is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've gotten used to Carnival's idea of a table for two. They aren't so bad, though a real table for two would be better. My wife and I cruise to spend time together and have no interest in meeting or chatting with others. The trick is to not initialize conversation with folks at the other tables for two next to you. If you don't initialize conversation, chances are they won't either. After all, chances are they requested a table for two for the same reason you did, privacy.

I disagree with the poster who told you you are on the wrong vacation if you want privacy ( at least I think that is what he meant). My wife and I have been cruising and dining at a table for two for years and enjoying it. We cruise to enjoy each other's company. Some people don't get that and will be taken aback that you mentioned desiring a table for two. I've seen it happen here many times. If you want a table for two, just request one and ignore anyone here who tries to dissuade you from it. Cruises aren't just for social butterflies. They can be enjoyed by all personality types. Happy cruising!