Onboard time in Barcelona

mikee332

Does anyone know what time you need to be onboard for a 10:00 PM departure from Barcelona? We are departing on 6/2 on the Crown Princess and will be arriving that day and want to explore the city.

Does anyone know what time you need to be onboard for a 10:00 PM departure from Barcelona? We are departing on 6/2 on the Crown Princess and will be arriving that day and want to explore the city.

Surely you itinerary should tell you this??? On our cruise line (Marella) you have to be on board at least 2 hours before sailing time to allow for the pre-sailing life boat drill.

Thanks for your reply, It does not say on our itinerary, just our departure time. As this is our 1st time in the Med i wasn't sure if they had mandatory lifeboat drills like they do in the US

Thanks for your reply, It does not say on our itinerary, just our departure time. As this is our 1st time in the Med i wasn't sure if they had mandatory lifeboat drills like they do in the US

Yes - lifeboat drill is mandatory here in Europe.

Lifeboat drills must be done before departure.

I would stay at least 1 night in Barcelona if you can before the cruise.

You could check yourself and your cases in at the port and go back outside.

There are lots of taxis outside and the ride to las Ramblas which is the centre is 5 minutes or a 15 minutes walk.

It is a fantastic city with lots to do just be wary of pickpockets.

Hope you have a fantastic time I'm sure you will.

All the Mediterranean ports are excellent.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We are on the different line (Viking Cruises). It says in our documents to be onboard 2 hours prior departure. We depart from Barcelona.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately we will be arriving day of departure, but we will be exploring the city with as much time as we can, we are scheduled to arrive at around 9am. As we are on this cruise for 3 weeks, and have an embarkation port in Rome and Athens ,does anyone know if you must attend the lifeboat drills in those ports also? Or do they know you have already done them?

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately we will be arriving day of departure, but we will be exploring the city with as much time as we can, we are scheduled to arrive at around 9am. As we are on this cruise for 3 weeks, and have an embarkation port in Rome and Athens ,does anyone know if you must attend the lifeboat drills in those ports also? Or do they know you have already done them?

Unless for some reason you have to change cabins mid-cruise you only have to do the drill once. If you change cabins and have a different muster point you have to repeat the drill.

No just the 1 muster drill.

Thank you, that makes sense.

I would check onboard just in case. I read Cruise Critic articles about reasons ship captain can take you off the ship. One of them was missing a drill. CC wrote about a couple that missed a second drill on the B2B cruise :(

I would check onboard just in case. I read Cruise Critic articles about reasons ship captain can take you off the ship. One of them was missing a drill. CC wrote about a couple that missed a second drill on the B2B cruise :(
If you missed a drill you would be required to go to a personal drill so worth checking but we have never been required to go to more than 1 drill.

We have done several B2B Med cruises and have never had to repeat the drill mid-cruise. The only people who had to attend a second drill had changed cabins and now had a different muster station.

I called Princess and if they gave me the correct information, you have on board no later than 7 PM, I wanted to maximize my time in Barcelona, so I wanted to know when. Of course I will try for 6pm and check again when it gets closer, I am in Aug 25 also out of Barcelona on Crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums