No flip flops or basketball shorts in MDR?!

MommyAJ6

The Walmart reference is directed a clientele - and to some extent level of service/decor. Walmart is a giant value place, and many people, from wealthy to poor shop there for this reason. But, be honest - compare it to other chains such as T@rget. The merchandise quality is better, the overall appearance of the store better, and someone may even pass you and offer to help you find something. The people that shop there are far more often than not dressed in basic casual clothes that you could wear to eat at a chain restaurant. With Walmart, you see women walking around in PJ pants, curlers and slippers and men in tank tops with the plumber crack visible to all; you see dirty hands and feet, pass people with BO, and people are very often rude or crude. I have had both men and women alike in Walmart walk past on their phone or chatting with a friend, dropping the f-bomb in front of their children and everyone elses without regard for propriety; they either don't know better or worse - simply don't care. To sum it up, Walmart has an element of lower "class" in other words they lack style, taste and manners.

So, when Carnival is referred to as the Walmart of the seas, it is for the reason that it is the most common value cruise line - but with that comes a portion of travelers that lack class. We travel Carnival frequently for the value and simply ignore those that lack class; we prefer Princess as an experience because it is a more traditional cruise experience and the passengers appear to be "classier."

And for the record, I shopped at Walmart this weekend...but I don't care for my shopping experience, but sometimes, with schedule or needs, it is the best alternative.

Hi

Interesting...I guess a lot of this would depend on where you live. Nowhere around my home would I find a Walmart that would generally be as you describe. Of course there are slobs anywhere/everywhere. I shop at Walmart because they have large well organized stores with good products as well as groceries that I can get when many other stores are closed. Prices are typically good, but of course you need to be aware of competitors pricing if you are on a budget. I might go to

different

Walmart locations two or three times a week, just because they are easy to get in and out of.

Funny you mentioned Target...their stores failed in Canada...they went bankrupt. They just couldn't get reasonably priced quality products. They lasted about two years, and their main competition was Walmart.

Maybe you can see my confusion. I see them as a well run mainstream store, that I can get almost anything I need, at a good price. I feel the same way about Carnival...so, in my eyes, a comparison of the two...they are both good companies that I would support. :)

Mommy AJ6

Are yall are on the conquest January 27th 2019? That's the cruise that my friend and I are on.

It clearly states on her signature that her first cruise that she is so excited about and needed the MDR attire clarification about is indeed the 1/27/19 sailing of the Conquest. Hopefully you can meet each other at the meet n greet and enjoy a cocktail together at sail away.

I am!!! It's my first cruise ever! We're so excited. There's a Roll Call for that cruise, join it if you haven't already. We're in room 6285. :)

I am already on the roll call, but just don't chat much in there right now. I hope you enjoy your first cruise and I have been on the conquest many times as it used to sail out of my home port. If you have any questions about it all ya gotta do is ask. My friend and I are in 7434. And like others have said the best thing to do is ignore people who like fanning the flames on these boards. That's what they apparently live to do on here. But you see if I was on a cruise and decided to ignore the rules of the MDR they wouldn't say a word cause they would get checked. So they vent on here to satisfy their poor little ego. You have to just ignore them like I will be doing after this post. Anywhooooo take care and can't wait to meet all of yall in January. :D:D:D

Edited by DaCruiserFromtheATX
forgot to add to my response.

Hi

Interesting...I guess a lot of this would depend on where you live. Nowhere around my home would I find a Walmart that would generally be as you describe. Of course there are slobs anywhere/everywhere. I shop at Walmart because they have large well organized stores with good products as well as groceries that I can get when many other stores are closed. Prices are typically good, but of course you need to be aware of competitors pricing if you are on a budget. I might go to

different

Walmart locations two or three times a week, just because they are easy to get in and out of.

Funny you mentioned Target...their stores failed in Canada...they went bankrupt. They just couldn't get reasonably priced quality products. They lasted about two years, and their main competition was Walmart.

Maybe you can see my confusion. I see them as a well run mainstream store, that I can get almost anything I need, at a good price. I feel the same way about Carnival...so, in my eyes, a comparison of the two...they are both good companies that I would support. :)

Exactly why I explained what many of us mean when we use the term Walmart of the Seas! I have been to plenty of Walmarts in more suburban/conservative locations where I have zero issue with the clientele...sadly, most of the ones near me are of the nature I describe.

As for getting in and out, around here, if you don't use self-checkout, you could be in line 20 minutes to check out.

So, you can see why, when said, it is intended as an insult!;p