Pirate's DREAMing of a cruise from NOLA! April 22-29 Review

Awesome review! We've been on the Dream twice, she's a great ship! I love that you mentioned the PBE Ben, he is absolutely amazing! :D

He really is a great piano bar entertainer! I had heard so many good things about him, so I was curious if he would live up to the hype. He did!!

Side note, I love your reviews!

Enjoyed your review, makes me look forward to coming back to the Dream this August!

You’ll have a great time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Crazy to believe but this is our 12 time to Cozumel but will be our first to Mr Sancho's. DD is a grazer- maybe fruit first, a taco an hour later and some nachos before we leave. Are you allowed to order a la cart and then go to the buffet later?

Crazy to believe but this is our 12 time to Cozumel but will be our first to Mr Sancho's. DD is a grazer- maybe fruit first, a taco an hour later and some nachos before we leave. Are you allowed to order a la cart and then go to the buffet later?

You can eat and drink as much as you wish. DH got a few too many drinks and had a major munchies attack....he got a cheeseburger from the buffet, then nachos, then ordered a set of tacos from the waiter, then some quesadillas from the waiter...so yes, your hubby will be fine!

That sounds so fun!!! I would love to try a suite, love you are doing it for your birthday!!! We are going the next week after you!! Let me know how the ship is!!!! And happy early birthday!!!

Thanks! Will do! I always start off vacation thinking that I should fact gather for a review but then vacation happens. Maybe this will be the trip. LOL

Was Mr Sanchos an excursion that can be booked through Carnival?

No, you cannot book it thru the cruise lines, you have to go to the Mr Sanchos website.

From one pirate to another, I love your review.

Thank you!

I'm taking the same cruise... in ONLY 200 days [emoji19]. Any way you post Fun Times? Thx

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I did not keep them, sorry!

Thanks for the review! I'll be on the Dream in 17 days and I am so excited!

Have a fantastic time!

What food and items were available in the port at Cozumel? Is there a Senor Frogs or margaritaville? How about shopping?

There was Three Amigos, Fat Tuesday, Panchos Backyard, and I'm not sure what else. As far as shopping, they had the usual trinket stores.

How sad, it’s the last day of my cruise! Since that depressing thought got to me, I slept in until 9:30, and I DIDN’T go to the gym. Instead, I went to Sea Day Brunch. The Eggs Benedict were very good, and the cheddar grits were tried again….I still do not think I have developed a taste for them. The pork sausage was yummy, as were the hashbrowns.

We decided to wander the Fun Shops for a bit, but we didn’t buy anything. I think it was about 11:15 when we ended up in the Ocean Plaza for country music trivia, which we did not win. To add insult to injury for not winning the trivia, we went back to the room and packed up most of our belongings, and then we decided it was time for some lunch. My deli BLT was amazing, and the potato salad was also very good.

e26a1cd75af2012876cf10b4daa7d1b2.jpg

Chris and I tried some desserts from the buffet, and the chocolate cheesecake was yummy. The other dessert not so much.

e3a572bc47d357cf2c246d7a3e498edf.jpg

After lunch I decided to hit the T Pool one last time, and that is where I stayed until 4:00. I left only because the Diamond and Platinum “reunion” was at 5. It was held in the Burgundy lounge, and the drinks were free flowing as usual. I started with a Rum Punch, which was yummy. I also had a screwdriver or two (maybe 3), but forgot to take pics of them. I finished the party out with a Blue Hawaiian, which was DELICIOUS! I also forgot to take a pic of that…..or by that point I was just in no shape to even operate my iPhone camera. You decide, haha!

We decided to go get some grub to soak up those drinks, and at 6:00 we found ourselves seated in Charlie’s section for the last time. Lilar came by and saw we already had drinks, so he didn’t even ask if we needed any. When Charlie took our order, I asked to start off with the caprese, which as always, was delicious.

7cfab7affb1ac31a2e147b603eb6da93.jpg

My cornmeal chicken breast was amazing.

4d23f8a654cc6fac66cac29b2be2f67f.jpg

For my sides, I got Mac & Cheese (sooooo yummy!) and….you guessed it, creamed spinach, which was delicious!

1ace072bf0166306b3e3c150b7ffc06a.jpg

My final dessert onboard was 2 scoops of butter pecan ice cream. Yum.

We wandered to the theater after dinner to catch Lip Sync Battle, which was good, but I forgot who won. Hahaha. I was in bad shape I think. Once that ended we hit the atrium for the Mardi Gras Party at 8:15, and it was a lot of fun. We danced and partied until it ended, then headed back to the room to get to bed early since we had a long trip home tomorrow.

Better tasting grits are the stoneground kind. But they're perishable & take forever to cook. So most places use the nondescript instant kind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info! I think I’m done trying them though.

Thank you for the review. Gave me a chance to relive my Dream cruises. Now I'm sad I have none planned on her or out of NOLA, nor any planned to Cozumel and Mr. Sanchos (next 2 are both Southern - gotta go support SXM recovery).

I agree with you on the Steakhouse - I will miss the creamed spinach, chocolate sampler and OMG the cheesecake!!! Next cruise is on the Fascination so no steakhouse so thinking about chef's table - thoughts anyone??:(:(:(

Thank you for the review. Gave me a chance to relive my Dream cruises. Now I'm sad I have none planned on her or out of NOLA, nor any planned to Cozumel and Mr. Sanchos (next 2 are both Southern - gotta go support SXM recovery).

I agree with you on the Steakhouse - I will miss the creamed spinach, chocolate sampler and OMG the cheesecake!!! Next cruise is on the Fascination so no steakhouse so thinking about chef's table - thoughts anyone??:(:(:(

My next one is to SXM too, I’m eager to get back there. Love it!!

As for the Chefs Table, we did it once 2 years ago and LOVED it!!