Dubai and Arabian Gulf Cruises

bee-ess

We are thinking of booking a Dubai and Arabian Gulf Cruise with P&O for Feb 2019 and have a couple of questions for anyone that has one already booked.

Which airline is used for the flights and are the flights day time or overnight.

Would we need any visa's for UAE, Bahrain or Oman

Thanks

We’ve got this cruise booked for Dec 2019. We’re told flights would be with Emirates from Birmingham, but far too early to have any idea of times yet.

You could always look at which airlines fly from the airport you’re departing from and what times the flights are. That should give you a good idea whether day or night flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We fly out to Dubai in March next year. We have chosen to make our own arrangements for the first two nights and are flying overnight with BA. We have paid to upgrade but there was no charge for changing the date of the flight out. We join the ship on March 22nd. Our original flight details appeared on the Cruise Personaliser some time ago. We are sticking with the return flight which is with TUI in the afternoon, back to Gatwick. There is info on visas on the P&O FAQ page but for Dubai (UAE) it will be part of your landing card process and is free, and for Oman it is handled on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Elviex

Elviex, it looks like we are on the same cruise. We fly out overnight on the 21/22 march, with emirates leaving Gatwick I think about 8 pm. Not sure about return flights though as we are coming back from Malta, I think the OP is referring to returning from Dubai. I spoke to p & o about visas when I booked and they gave the same answer, I double checked this when I spoke to them to pay the balance on another cruise and they reaffirmed it.

Thanks all - I guessed it would be overnight going out. Emirates is good, that will probably mean a scheduled flight. I've been to Dubai before on a cruise call and didn't need a visa but we would be flying in there so I'm not sure, I guess you may get one at the airport. I think we will book for Feb 20th 2019, although Oceana is not our favourite the itinerary is good.

We’ve booked E904 flying from Gatwick on 8th Feb 2019, our flights are with Emirates, it’s a night flight on the way there, day flight back [emoji568][emoji2]

We’ve booked E904 flying from Gatwick on 8th Feb 2019, our flights are with Emirates, it’s a night flight on the way there, day flight back [emoji568][emoji2]

Thanks, we are on the one after you - make sure you leave her nice and tidy !!

Hi Zoe! Maybe we will get to meet up! From FB I can see there are quite a few people who will be joining us! [emoji41][emoji41][emoji924][emoji924]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In that case I'll kick off a roll call when I get round to it, unless anyone beats me to it!

In that case I'll kick off a roll call when I get round to it, unless anyone beats me to it!

Hi Zoe

Your post is on the roll call for the 1st March. So far, just me and you on there though. Sorry we won’t meet but hopefully some others will join soon.

• 8 months later...

We are flying from Manchester on 28th February to start our cruise on 1 March. Have booked a few trips with P and O but hoping to do our own thing when we get back to Dubai before flying home. Not been to Dubai before so looking for tips. 

Has anyone flying out with Emirates managed to pre book seats and/or check in before you leave yet - if so could you let me know how you got on please? Cruise personaliser seems to say contact P and O in the first instance but I was speaking to them on another subject last week and when I incidentally asked about flights they said I had to deal with Emirates directly.

I understand that Emirates release booking references not before 30 days prior to flying.  Only then can you get into the Emirates website to book seats, etc.  This from the Customer Contact Centre at 03453 555 111.  BTW, note that you can only take one item of baggage into the cabin, so no extra handbag or laptop case.   (https://www.skyscanner.ae/tips-and-inspiration/tips/how-to-beat-emirates-hand-luggage-rules)