Celebrity Reflection 10 Night Greek Isle Cruise Formal NIght Attire

jhorow2768

We are taking the Celebrity Reflection 10 night Greek Isle criuise sailing from Rome on June 8, 2018. Has anyone been on this cruise, if yes, how has everyone dressed for formal nights. We were previously told on a Celebrity Western Mediterranean cruise that sailed from South Hampton, England, that the dress on formal nights was "smart casual" so we didn't bring any dress clothes.

When we went to the first formal night, almost everyone was dressed in tuxedos for the men and gowns for the women. I checked with Celebrity crew on board and was told that the British love to get dressed up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thorow2768@gmail.com

Formal nights has been replaced with Evening Chic. We don't dine in the MDR so I dress smart casual every night. You will see more people dressed up cruising out of Southampton. One of the other threads has what the dress code is. You do not have to wear a tux or a suit if you don't want too.

We are taking the Celebrity Reflection 10 night Greek Isle criuise sailing from Rome on June 8, 2018. Has anyone been on this cruise, if yes, how has everyone dressed for formal nights. We were previously told on a Celebrity Western Mediterranean cruise that sailed from South Hampton, England, that the dress on formal nights was "smart casual" so we didn't bring any dress clothes.

When we went to the first formal night, almost everyone was dressed in tuxedos for the men and gowns for the women. I checked with Celebrity crew on board and was told that the British love to get dressed up.

thorow2768@gmail.com

My wife & I going on the same sailing! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thorow2768@gmail.com

You might get a better idea of what clothing to pack by asking your fellow travelers what their plans are. The June 8 Reflection Roll Call is reasonably active and I'm sure you'll find us very friendly and helpful...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2438215

I agree with what the crew told you, Brits generally like to get dressed up. But we're sailing from Rome, and I think you'll find that on the "chic nights" smart casual will be much more common. I certainly don't plan on bringing a jacket or tie....not my idea of a vacation.

Sam