Oasis vs. Harmony

I was set on booking the Oasis, but as some of you may have seen in my other post, they were charging more/person for 3 in a cabin as opposed to 2. So, extending my possible ports to Ft. Lauderdale I see that the Harmony is actually cheaper for us, despite it being a newer vessel of the same class. I already searched through some old posts comparing them, but there are some specifics I'm still not sure of. Does the Harmony have the following:

-The Kummelweck Sandwich (The most important thing by far)

-At least one 24 hr hot tub

-A Jazz club

-A comparable, or better, Solarium area

Those are the things that come to mind that I frequented on the Oasis. It looks like the Harmony has all the same features, plus the slides, as the Oasis, but I want to be sure. If so, I'd say it's worth the extra 2 hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale to save some $ and ride a newer ship.

I was set on booking the Oasis, but as some of you may have seen in my other post, they were charging more/person for 3 in a cabin as opposed to 2. So, extending my possible ports to Ft. Lauderdale I see that the Harmony is actually cheaper for us, despite it being a newer vessel of the same class. I already searched through some old posts comparing them, but there are some specifics I'm still not sure of. Does the Harmony have the following:

-The Kummelweck Sandwich (The most important thing by far)

-At least one 24 hr hot tub

-A Jazz club

-A comparable, or better, Solarium area

Those are the things that come to mind that I frequented on the Oasis. It looks like the Harmony has all the same features, plus the slides, as the Oasis, but I want to be sure. If so, I'd say it's worth the extra 2 hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale to save some $ and ride a newer ship.

Pretty sure you will enjoy the Harmony. I don’t use the solarium but the biggest complaint about Harmony is that there is no pool in the solarium. So if that is essential then you might go Oasis.

Having sailed on both Harmony and Oasis in the past few months, I don't think you can go wrong with either ship. They are both beautiful. Some public areas of Oasis, such as the chairs in the Windjammer, are looking a bit worse for wear compared to the newer ships. The layouts of some public areas and staterooms seem to have been improved on Harmony. Although every cruise is a slightly different experience, we have ranked our favorites as Allure, Oasis and Harmony, in that order, but only by the slightest of margins (it is subjective). I think that Harmony is worth experiencing at least once if you have the chance; we would cruise with her again.

Although Harmony doesn’t have a pool in the Solarium, they have designated one of the other pools “adults only.” You may like the cabin design on Harmony a little better also. Give her a try.

That's okay about the lack of pool; I just liked the area a lot. I would always hot tub or stargaze there late at night, or get away from all the crowds in the day. I found it very Zen. If I can talk my group into it, I think we'll be trying the Harmony.

Also, I've only posted here twice, but I just want to say that the CC community (or CCC) has been quite responsive and knowledgeable. Major thanks to you all for helping this novice cruiser!

That's okay about the lack of pool; I just liked the area a lot. I would always hot tub or stargaze there late at night, or get away from all the crowds in the day. I found it very Zen. If I can talk my group into it, I think we'll be trying the Harmony.

Also, I've only posted here twice, but I just want to say that the CC community (or CCC) has been quite responsive and knowledgeable. Major thanks to you all for helping this novice cruiser!

hi, the pool itself is not suitable for swimming, just chilling and cooling off, the hot tubs are still there and very relaxing and have nice views over the side of the ship.