Can we visit the little islands around Roatan?

jeepers13

We'll be visiting soon and would love to see something new. I'm talking about the smaller islands dotted around Roatán - like Isla Morat, Barbereta or Guanaja.

We'd really like to see one, but I can't find any information online. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

You would need to charter a plane to get to Utila or Guanaja and back on one day.

Free Radical takes people east of Oak Ridge with amazing food and snorkeling.

I have a friend in West End who needed a part for his boat one year, it took us ALL day to get to Santa Elana and back. We only stopped to talk to that guy for maybe 20 mins.

Surely someone must offer a day excursion on a boat?

You are arriving on a cruise ship, yes? with limited time? To where? there is not enough time to get to any islands.

As I said, Free Radical does a boat, snorkel, food excursion people love. Mentioned in all these threads ---> https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=127740350

I think there is another Catamaran on the island, Jolly Rodger.

Bay Islands Adventures and Ruthless Charters are well known on the island BUT I don't think either one can get you to another island on a cruise ship excursion. Have chats with them perhaps they will sort a special thing just for you, there will bee a price!

You could also take it upon yourself to talk with the land tour operators on the island, Bodden and Rony come to mind, there are heaps of others, see if they can offer you EXACTLY what you want. Google is an amazing tool.

You could check with Ruthless Roatan or Bay Island Adventures. I highly doubt anyone would go to any of those islands you mentioned if you are a cruise passenger in port. Those are full day trips and they would require a minimum of passengers. Having done Utila last February with Ruthless I know they require at least 10 - 12 people. We left at 7:30 and returned around 4:30. Even at that, it wasn’t enough time to explore much of Utila. Bay Island Adventures might have an island trip available, maybe to Pigeon Cay? Again, a minimum amount of people required. Also keep in mind, boat tours are quite expensive on Roatan, usually an average of $170 p/p and up. I would suggest looking at Free Radical and see what they’ve got going or maybe Jolly Roger catamaran.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I understand wanting to experience an island other than Roatan. As I see it you can do this one of two ways. spend a land holiday on Roatan and take day trips, the ferry or a plane to the places you wish to see, or sort out accommodation on all three of the bay islands and take day trips to Cayos and Pigeon Cay. Then, you could say you have seen it all.

I just don't see there being enough time vis cruise ship to get to any of the islands.

By the by if you have not been to the East End of the island, it may satisfy some of you need to see another place.

We'll be visiting soon and would love to see something new. I'm talking about the smaller islands dotted around Roatán - like Isla Morat, Barbereta or Guanaja.

We'd really like to see one, but I can't find any information online. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Have you really toured all over Roatan itself? - mangroves, east end, north shore West End, West Bay, LFK, Maya Kay?

Do you just want to tour and sightsee, or do you want to stop and do something?

Last time we were there, we hired a driver, saw most of the island.

We like to see the place as people live there. If we can make a trip. I'll research to find what we wish to see.

Unless you had a really long port day I doubt you saw the east and west ends.

Other suggestions would be catamaran tour.

In response to the original thread: Ain't it funny how close things look on a map or even Google Earth but are really further away. And travel via the sea is slower than land travel these days.

Example, I recently saw a FB post about a marina that appeared to be right next door to the town where a friend lives. Messaged him about it. It's 45 minutes from his house. Could have swore it was less than 5 miles.