Do people ever cancel Cabanas in HMC?

ShanteS

I've had my eye on renting a cabana for the day when we're in HMC but they're all sold out now for my sailing. How likely is it that one will become available before the cruise? Do people cancel them or is there a waitlist I can be added to once onboard the ship?

I would keep checking every day. You never know what might happen. Also, if you can get an early check in time, hurry to the excursion desk as soon as you board and see if something is available. I recently had to cancel a cruise a day before sailing due to a family emergency. I had a cabana for HMC and cancelled that also. Hopefully someone was able to snap that cabana up at the last minute.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I've had my eye on renting a cabana for the day when we're in HMC but they're all sold out now for my sailing. How likely is it that one will become available before the cruise? Do people cancel them or is there a waitlist I can be added to once onboard the ship?

Although there's no guarantee of it, sometimes there may be a last minute cancellation. If at all possible, try to be among the first to board when Embarkation begins (having FTTF could be beneficial), then head straight to the Excursions Desk to see if there's been a cancellation. Keep in mind that there are only 15 regular cabanas and 4 villas, and there will undoubtedly be others hoping to get one should there be a cancellation. Plan "B" would be to try to be among the first to get to the island and find a couple of lounge chairs in the shade. You could rent a clam shell, but there's no ventilation, and they can get hot and stuffy.

We asked to be put on the waiting list last year on Sunshine and we were lucky to get it. My boys were so happy. It happens! Have to go to the excursion desk asap after boarding. They start a list. Any Villas open? Completely worth the extra money in my opinion. They've been some of the greatest days of our life! haha...seriously though, that place is heaven. The villas have a bathroom, shower, table and chairs (for 4ppl) and a hot tub. (except D right now its broken).