Recommend Hotel in Miami not a list

I want recommendation of hotels in Miami not a list. I can get a list from the phone book etc. I want opinions and experienced that make the hotel interesting. View of the ships etc. We are willing to spend about $200.00 per night.

Thanks Brenda and Bob

Peoria, AZ

I always use Priceline and THREE STARS downtown. Most likely you get the Hyatt which is a very nice upscale property. Last time I had a 19th floor room with balcony overlooking the city, canal and Biscayne Bay. I think on Priceline it was $55 or 60. I've also had Doubletree and Renasaince on Biscayne for even less. I think the Intercontenintal is FOUR STAR.

Hi, I was very pleased with this one and am booked there again for next September. Closest to the piers and right across the street from the famous Bayside Marketplace where there are lots of shops and restaurants.

Click on the different places including the Holiday Inn sign to see what they offer. Join their priority club and get a discount right away.

Miami Holiday Inn Hotel WELCM_EXTR_01_B.jpg Holiday Inn PORT OF MIAMI-DOWNTOWN

340 BISCAYNE BLVD

MIAMI, FL 33132 More Information|Make A Reservation holi.Par.0002.Image.gif

Here is the Bayside marketplace website.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

Guest cruzr44
I always use Priceline and THREE STARS downtown. Most likely you get the Hyatt which is a very nice upscale property. Last time I had a 19th floor room with balcony overlooking the city, canal and Biscayne Bay. I think on Priceline it was $55 or 60. I've also had Doubletree and Renasaince on Biscayne for even less. I think the Intercontenintal is FOUR STAR.

Could you Email me with with more info about Priceline regarding what time of year you get those prices and where these hotels are located. Thanks mx55mom@yahoo.com

Could you Email me with with more info about Priceline regarding what time of year you get those prices and where these hotels are located. Thanks mx55mom@yahoo.com

We have stayed at, and liked, both the Marriott Biscayne Bay and the Hyatt Regency Downtown. Both are within a relatively short taxi ride to the pier and both are close to Bayside Marketplace. My preference is for the Marriott because you get a great view of the ships when they enter or leave Government Cut and when they are docked at the terminals. However, the next time (mid- October) we go we will be staying at Hyatt Regency Downtown because we booked it through Priceline as a 4* for $115 a night. The best rate I could get on Hyatt's website was a $172 senior rate. A few years back we were able to get the Marriott for $40 a night but not this time.:(

We also stayed at the holiday inn, directly across the street from the bayside marketplace. Lots of restaurants, shops, sightseeing boats,live music and alot of fun. The hotel has plenty of taxis directly in front just incase you need to travel anywhere else or for your ride to the ship. We had requested a bay view room on a high floor and our wish was granted. Pictures I took from the picture window of the ships looked like I was right up there with them. Our room had 2 queen beds with sofa sleeper, mini fridge etc... Would stay there again in a minute unless we decided to stay in Miami beach. Sailing away on our cruise I have to admit that Miami beach looked gorgous and part of me wished we had stayed there.You'll see what I mean.

I want recommendation of hotels in Miami not a list. I can get a list from the phone book etc. I want opinions and experienced that make the hotel interesting. View of the ships etc. We are willing to spend about $200.00 per night.

Thanks Brenda and Bob

Peoria, AZ

I think this is one of the best worded questions I have seen on this board, and while I cannot help you, I wanted to give you props for the well worded question.

Well done.

You can find some help about bidding on priceline on http://www.biddingfortravel.com

Takes some work and research, but well worth it. I've stayed at Hyatt downtown - got on priceline for $45 a night, and the Holiday Inn across from Bayside - unfortunately, it doesn't come up on priceline, didn't a few years ago but you might want to check now. That is a convenient hotel and Bayside Marketplace is great.

The Hyatt offers a free people mover that can get you to Bayside Marketplace, and at the Holiday Inn it's just across the street.

I've also gotten the Embassy Suites at the airport for $50. a night on priceline and that was nice. Our flight didn't get in till late so we weren't doing anything anyway, so if your flight maybe comes in later and you're not going to be doing anything that night anyway, you can get a free shuttle from the airport to this hotel for the night and then take a cab to port in morning.

If you end up not bidding on priceline, the biddingfortravel.com site also gives reviews and such of hotels by people who have stayed there, very helpful.

We just sailed on the Exployer the day after Thanksgiving and stayed

at the Holiday Inn Downtown. We enjoyed it and the Bayside Market was

just across the street. My adult children really enjoyed it at night. Had lunch at Bubba Gumpsand it was very good.

The children went to a place called Bongo's. They said it was the best

Paellea they had ever had and we used to live in Florida. The resturant is close to the Market and it has a very large pineapple on top of the

building. I know the dish iis spelled wrong Sorry

We did not want to fool around with priceline or one of those.

Hope you have a great time.

We stayed on our last cruise at Holiday Inn Bayside. Wonderful. Went down a day early. I hate to say this, but we had one of the finest meals of the trip at Lombardis at Bayside the night before.

Here is a shot from our room in the morning. I payed 85$ for this room.

B0000197.JPG.4f9e4b367992a940203ecd50c9f1284a.JPG

I have to recomment the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, across the street from Bayside Market (Ask for the sail away package). The hotel was great - I had a really good night sleep - good beds. We spent the day before browsing the shops at the Bayside Market, eating at the Food court, and later visted Hard Rock Cafe for a giant Sundae, the went on a boat tour of Millionaires Row (free, tickets from the hotel) You can go anytime you like - we went at dusk - and Oh it was beautiful. The market also had live entertainment - lots of shopping, and very people friendly, we met lots of other people that were going on our cruise. We topped off the evening with some hot wings at Hooters - on the 2nd level overlooking the Market and water - so nice. Our room faced the port and in the morning we could see our ship waiting for us. We had "free" Continental breakfast - you have to go down to the dinning area, and it is for anything on the buffett that is cold. Well my son and mother wanted hot food - so we paid the extra - but they said is was not worth it - I had lots of great fresh food, and it was free. I just can't say enough about how great our stay here was, and for $99.00 a room we sure did get alot.

We took a cab to Walgreen to get some water and pop for the cruise, warning: this place is terribly busy with others doing the same thing. Cab from hotel to ship was about $10.00.

Hope this helps you.

Lora

My favorite is the Biscayne Bay Marriott. Close to Bayside and the port and you get a quality hotel.

We also stayed at the Marriott it was a wonderful hotel close the Bayside and the peoplemover. There is a great little deli and convenience store located adjacent to the hotel which made it easy for us to get all of the snacks we needed for our cruise. I'm hoping to stay there again for our upcoming cruise on the Navigator.

Archived