celebration as an add on?

eileenover

It’s if you are celebrating for example an anniversary or birthday on board. You can add it in so they are aware. I’m not sure if they actually do anything. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on our next cruise. Our travel agent added it in. I’m not expecting any recognition tbh. Looking forward to the cruise though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

I was just looking through my personal cruise info on the X site when I noticed that it said 'celebration' as an add on for me. What is this?

Thanks.

Two years ago we went on the Ireland/Iceland cruise to celebrate my husband's 65th. I think we had "celebration" on the documents because I had telephoned Celebrity to see what was on offer as celebration packages you could buy. I can't remember what they were offering but it would have been expensive and supplying more food and drink when we already had paid for the cruise to celebrate the birthday. However on the first night which was his birthday, the waiter appeared with a little cake and sang Happy Birthday to my husband - he was quite chuffed with that. Also I had brought a happy birthday banner and his birthday cards which I attached to the stateroom wall with tape, magnets would have worked just as well, and later on in the cruise we had a special meal in the Tuscan Grille looking out over the back of the ship at Cobh as we sailed away.

As we often travel with daughter and family have had several celebrations aboard (two of the girls Birthdays fall in the UK summer holidays and we usually cruise that month) and invariably there is a bottle of some sort left in their cabin on the appropriate day which I can only assume has been picked up from our paperwork.

Last year hubby and I celebrated our 40th Anniversary on board and amazingly they had the dates carried over from our 25th which we also celebrated with X and we were treated to a cake on not one but two nights in different dining rooms (along with the requisite singing) plus a bottle of bubbles and flowers in our cabin.

All very nice gestures.

If you mention that you have a special celebration while on board, they list it under celebrations on the web site. However, don't assume that information ever reaches the ship...it often doesn't. When you get on board, mention the celebration to your dining room maitre d' if you want them to "remember" and surprise you with whatever....