Miami - Wheelchair assistance

We are traveling with a multi-generational group of 14. Three people are going to require wheelchair assistance for boarding. I have already contacted the access desk and made the arrangements. How will this work for checking in and boarding purposes (for the remaining 11 of us)? We are all family and will want to board together for our cheesy group picture. :D:D:DI am curious how they will handle the boarding process because there are so many of us. Has anyone had this situation with a group?

My wife and I just cruised the getaway out of Miami last week. I was in my electric wheelchair and we were both whisked thru the check-in area in no time flat. Everyone in the party can check-in together since they are all on the accounts. From the time we entered the building til the time we were on the ship was less than 20 minutes.

My wife and I just cruised the getaway out of Miami last week. I was in my electric wheelchair and we were both whisked thru the check-in area in no time flat. Everyone in the party can check-in together since they are all on the accounts. From the time we entered the building til the time we were on the ship was less than 20 minutes.

Thank you. I know this is generally how it's done, but I wasn't sure if it would be the same because we are 14 people. Thanks again!

I can't speak to traveling with a group, but I traveled solo out of Miami in January. I was sailing on the Jade. Since my rental scooter was being delivered to my cabin, I requested wheelchair assistance ahead of time. I got there, assuming (silly me) that it would be coordinated. I asked the first employee I saw after going through security. She pointed me to an overwhelmed man with a clipboard. He was taking names of people who needed a wheelchair. When I got there, three people were ahead of me in line on his list. He got wigged out several times, dropping his clipboard, and checking off the wrong names. I seriously considered telling him to step aside and I would organize things...yes, I'm pushy. I ended up waiting more than an hour. When I finally was in the chair, the attendant bypassed the photo line (which was fine with me). I was not thrilled how disorganized the whole affair was.

The reason I'm telling you what happened to me is because there is a good chance there may not be three attendants available at the same time for the three members of your party. They attendants are constantly moving, pushing people up to the ship and hurrying back for the next person in line, but round trip takes a long time. They may also not want to have one or two attendants wait for the whole party, especially if there are many people waiting for assistance.

I would call cruiseline and inquire. And then call about three more times and inquire to be sure.

Since 14 people are not part of one cabin it may be something that should be vetted out with Customer Service. There is no real reason for anyone not sharing a cabin to have a priority boarding expereince just because one person in a large group has special needs, so I applaud you for asking this question.

I would call cruiseline and inquire. And then call about three more times and inquire to be sure.

Since 14 people are not part of one cabin it may be something that should be vetted out with Customer Service. There is no real reason for anyone not sharing a cabin to have a priority boarding expereince just because one person in a large group has special needs, so I applaud you for asking this question.

The entire group would want to board together, and we should. We are a family. There's no reason for us not to. I will be foregoing my Haven boarding to board with the rest of the group.

I concur with Virginials. It will be chaos, unless two of the 14 can each push a wheelchair behind the NCL attendant. I also don't think that three wheelchairs fit in the elevator that takes you up to the waiting room. Be ready for that. I would set a meeting place on board before you get to the dock so that if there is a mix-up, you all know what to do. The main thing is to stay calm, get on the ship, and have a wonderful time!