Help

mmp13

We are trying to decide between the connie ( we have sailed on her before), the Noordam, or the crown princess for a cruise next fall. We love Celebrity but are thinking about trying something different. will we be dissappointed? The Connie is tried and true but the other two ships are brand new although the crown princess carries 3,000 passengers and that seems like it might be too big. I know we are all partial to Celebrity but I'm hoping for some honest input. Thanks

We are trying to decide between the connie ( we have sailed on her before), the Noordam, or the crown princess for a cruise next fall. We love Celebrity but are thinking about trying something different. will we be dissappointed? The Connie is tried and true but the other two ships are brand new although the crown princess carries 3,000 passengers and that seems like it might be too big. I know we are all partial to Celebrity but I'm hoping for some honest input. Thanks

Hi Peg !

I know it's very hard to make these decisions. I have but one question for you. You say that Connie is tried and true.... so if you had great times on her in the past, why not sail on her again ? We have had some incredible times on Celebrity, and we always look to sail Celebrity first. The only time we do not sail on Celebrity, is when they have no ships based in South Florida (typically, during the Summer). I have some immediate Family that are Seniors, and are unable to travel to a distant Port.

Crown Princess ? Hard to say much, as she is a Brand New Ship, and has not sailied yet. However, she is supposed to be very similiar to Caribbean Princess. I have seen several reviews, where people say they feel Crowded on Caribbean Princess. That doesnt sound like a good thing to me. As for Noordam, I have not been on her, so I cannot make any comments.

Bottom line is, whatever you decide, you will probably have a great time. Based on my past experiences with Celebrity, I know my vote would be with Connie. I plan to sail on her in November 2006. I wish you good luck in making your decision. Please let us know what you decide. I hope I was of some help. Happy New Year !

Andy,

Thanks for your input. We are leaning very heavily toward the Connie. As you say we know we can't go wrong with her. sometimes I just worry that we are missing something else.... The old the grass is always greener thing... I hate to think I am just being a creature of habit but Hey if the habit is a good One I guess there is no problem. will decide in the next day or two. Thanks again

Hi Peg,

I hope you and Bob had a nice holiday.

You know my answer so I don't even have to type it!! We've tried them all and have found exactly what we're looking for in Celebrity.

Let me know what you decide.

Janice

My brother-in-law cruses all the time and enjoys both X and HAL. He is something of a cruise snob ( I mean that in the best possible way) and is going on or is on (?) the Noordam maiden voyage. He generally prefers HAL, but was thrilled when he heard we were going on X as it's his next favorite line.

Part of our decision when booking a cruise is also the price. We usually figure out when we want to go and then see which ships are sailing where and then see which one has the best deal. We try to also take into account the reputation of each line, along with checking the boards here to see what people have to say about them.

In all honesty, I'm sure that you'd probably enjoy any of the ships you're looking at. Hey, you'll be cruising! But sometimes there is something really comforting about sailing on a ship you've sailed before. It's like coming home or re-visiting an old friend.

Enjoy, no matter which you pick.

Dear Janice,

Your just the person I was hoping to hear from! first of all Happy New Year!

I'm hoping to make a firm decision by the end of the week. I think we are looking at the cruise you are booked on. The Oct 27 ? I just have to make sure my sister is out of the link. Her daughter just announced her engagement and I think that put an end to their cruise dream for this year.

Yes, Rita and I are on the October 27th, 11 nighter. It would be great if you and Bob decided to do this one. With the exception of the chair hogs we really enjoyed the Constellation in Oct. 05. You can send me an email at jconlon at yahoo dot com.

I know exactly what you're saying about "the grass being greener"...but from past experience - it never is!!!

Archived