Carnival Splendor Wireless/WiFi quality?

CirrusPilot

Wondering if anyone has advice on the Wifi quality aboard the Splendor?

Am planning on purchasing the middle WiFi package or depending upon the answers, perhaps the higher level for our 7 day Mex Riviera cruise.

Ordinarily I wouldn't bother but for this cruise I will need to retain access to my email and I know my wife will want to be able to post stuff to her social media accounts.

Is the signal consistent and the internet speed sufficient to do such things as above?

My phone has some International package that pretty much lets me use it as I please wherever I am on the globe. Internet, text, and of course calls are all pretty much limited to an amount I would probably never reach anyway. Basically I need the WiFi package to reach the internet.

Any opinions?

I can't speak to the Splendor, but it depends on the ship as well as its location.

Sometimes the "value" works great. On the last cruise. I bought the premier package b/c I needed it for work. It was awful.

Couldn't even send an email half the time. Dropped the connection several times, and sometimes took as much as 20 minutes to reconnect.

Whichever package you end up buying, if you are not happy with it, don't hesitate to get your money back even if you've used it for several days.

I can't speak to the Splendor, but it depends on the ship as well as its location.

Sometimes the "value" works great. On the last cruise. I bought the premier package b/c I needed it for work. It was awful.

Couldn't even send an email half the time. Dropped the connection several times, and sometimes took as much as 20 minutes to reconnect.

Whichever package you end up buying, if you are not happy with it, don't hesitate to get your money back even if you've used it for several days.

Thanks. That’s my fear.

"My phone has some International package that pretty much lets me use it as I please wherever I am on the globe. Internet, text, and of course calls are all pretty much limited to an amount I would probably never reach anyway."

Not at sea, international packages are land based. AT&T offers a ship's package for phone and text, no data, it's like $100 a month

Splendor sports the old technology for its WiFi. I found it almost useless. You will find ample service in the ports to make those important Emails. On the way back there is an island the ship passes near and it interferes with the ship system. You get nothing for a couple of hours.

On the other hand, the new system on Horizon is great. In Europe I had great service aboard. I have no idea how fast Carnival will take to get new gear on the Carnival brand. I read someplace that Princess will be priority for now.