MSC Seaview - Napoli Embarking

gloteron

Hi everyone,

I tried to contact MSC but did not get a response. We sail from Napoli and have to take a train from Rome to get there and will be with 2 small children, so time is something important :)

1. When do you receive the allocated embark time? Is it really only 20 days before the cruise with the cruise ticket or I misunderstood the MSC website?

2. Another thing, if ship arrives back at 9:00, can I assume that we will be on shore around 10:00?

Thank you for help,

Ilan

You Can embark Very early after the ship arrive. Don t embark on the time stranding on the ticket, just Be ready. You have payed for the first Day also.

Normaly you Can leave the ship after 1 hour after arriving the port.

I don't mean to interject, but what is your port timing in Naples? I am cruising on the Seaview in July and we will be in Naples from 1PM-9PM, meaning that disembarkation, at the earliest, is likely around 1:45PM. Unless MSC has different itineraries with the Seaview, I would check again and see what times your cruise will be in Naples. If the ship departs at 9PM, then the embarkation time for cruises from Naples may be a little later than most cruises. I could be completely wrong though.

Hi everyone,

I tried to contact MSC but did not get a response. We sail from Napoli and have to take a train from Rome to get there and will be with 2 small children, so time is something important :)

1. When do you receive the allocated embark time? Is it really only 20 days before the cruise with the cruise ticket or I misunderstood the MSC website?

2. Another thing, if ship arrives back at 9:00, can I assume that we will be on shore around 10:00?

Thank you for help,

Ilan

We are embarking in Naples on a November cruise we have done our online check in and have our E tickets our Embarkation time has been given its 3.30pm I am hoping we can get on earlier though around 1.30-2pm

If I were you I would choose a train that arrives in Naples in the Afternoon so you are not waiting at the port too long before you can embark the ship is not due to arrive until 1pm

Thank you all for the response, I will try to check in as well and see what it gives me. I know that the ship arrives at 1pm but I am looking into the embarkation time since I can take a train from Rome at any time required.

Please don't take this for granted, but last year MSC Meraviglia had the exact same itineray and it was reported that she always arrived to Napoli well before 13:00h. But we won't know for sure until June and we can start tracking what MSC Seaview actual schedules really are.

MSC does this on a regular basis, stating an official time and arriving way earlier. My parents were in a cruise this last week, and I have tracked it every day. Always there one hour before on average. Of course this way you buy more excursions with them, because the scheduled time in port is more limited than the real time and you might tend to believe the only way to go safely are cruise excursions.

That being said it's enterely up to them to be there at 13:00 or before, and let you in only when they consider. Also, they have this buffer time for emergencies or whatever, so there is no guarantee of being there earlier.

We'll be in Seaview this october not embarking from Napoli, for that day my bet is having 2 more extra hours in port than stated. But again, we won't risk it and go far from the city, instead we'll focus on the city center, archeological museum and that castle on the hill, the more time in port, stress free, the better.

Thank you all for the response, I will try to check in as well and see what it gives me. I know that the ship arrives at 1pm but I am looking into the embarkation time since I can take a train from Rome at any time required.

Please note that you have to buy your train tickets from Rome to Napoli as early as possible. Then they will be VERY cheap. If you wait until the day of travel, a flight is cheaper :cool: