Grandson turning six on our cruise!!

Our grandson will turn six on our cruise in June. We are doing anytime dining. Should we talk to the Maitre'D or the waiter about singing to him or bringing him a cupcake? He doesn't like cake - yes I know its the same thing!! haha;p

Our grandson will turn six on our cruise in June. We are doing anytime dining. Should we talk to the Maitre'D or the waiter about singing to him or bringing him a cupcake? He doesn't like cake - yes I know its the same thing!! haha;p

My wife’s 61 birthday our second day out Carnival Splendor. Our family and friends will be up at the steak house eating and celebrating where normally they make it a special and personal event. Good luck and Happy 6th birthday lad. That should make you a genuine pollywog. Carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Call carnival ahead of time to let them know that your celebrating his birthday - one of the nights at dinner they will come sing happy birthday to him and bring him a small personal sized cake which in my opinion is very yummy

Sometimes you will also get a special gift in your room such as $50 off spa treatment or free picture at pixels

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said, they should automatically sing to him and bring him a cake in the main dining room (you might be able to ask for a cupcake ahead of time? )

Also, when my son celebrated his 7th birthday on a Carnival ship, they really went all out. They are great with kids birthdays if you ask me. I left a note for our room steward the day of his bday asking him if he could leave the towel animal each day instead of taking one apart and reusing it for a new one since my son loved the towel animals. When we got back to the room that evening, we were welcomed by about 10 towel animals with birthday hats, sunglasses, etc throwing him a party! So cute and our room steward went way out of his way to do that. My son was so excited! He also went to the kids club in the evening and they gave him a big stuffed Carnival dog for a birthday present. None of this was ever asked for. Carnival does a great job with kids.

That's wonderful that your grandson will be celebrating his birthday while onboard. My granddaughter turns 7 on the day we embark on Splendor. Its noted in the reservation for a bd celebration, so call Carnival and let them know.

In addition, we are bringing a few presents, door & room decorating items that we will put up first day which will make the day even more special. I am giving her a real camera which she has been asking for forever, perfect timing.

Enjoy your cruise with your family and grandson, what wonderful memories will be made!!

Liz in Long Beach