Check your cruise price, they just dropped again today

cruisinqt

What sale or promotion was this? I am after final payment date but I understand I could still get OBC?

I didn’t see any particular sale mentioned. I just did a mock booking of my cruise and the price of my cabin went down. It was for the Vista on 9/8/18. Only Early Saver bookings are guaranteed a price match after final payment. But I’ve heard of cruisers without ES getting OBC.

Hi guys. Can I get some clarification on how this price matching works? It's been 3 years since we sailed with Carnival, but got an email recently offering a free cruise for 2. It came out of the blue because their ships aren't as full as normal this year. Anyway, we decided to add on 3rd & 4th passengers. We're booked under a promotion for the first two passengers, but I'm wondering if I can take advantage of the drop for 3rd & 4th. It was booked directly through Carnival. I've already called them 3 times this week, so I hate to annoy them again if we're excluded for this. Is there something I should look for on my receipt that will tell me? Thanks!

If you have a TA, only they can get the price match for you. If you went through a Carnival PVP then they can handle it for you. If you booked it on your own (as you did) then you will need to call Carnival to get it handled. Anyone can get a price match before final payment. Only those that booked the Early Saver fare can get a price match after final payment. There are forms you can fill out online through Carnival to get a price match if you don’t like the idea of calling them again. I just called them and got the price match handled immediately. I was worried the price might go up again. I got an email confirmation of the lower price within 5 minutes of the phone call. Good luck.

If you have a TA, only they can get the price match for you. If you went through a Carnival PVP then they can handle it for you. If you booked it on your own (as you did) then you will need to call Carnival to get it handled. Anyone can get a price match before final payment. Only those that booked the Early Saver fare can get a price match after final payment. There are forms you can fill out online through Carnival to get a price match if you don’t like the idea of calling them again. I just called them and got the price match handled immediately. I was worried the price might go up again. I got an email confirmation of the lower price within 5 minutes of the phone call. Good luck.

This particular promotion wasn't available online through my account. It was a random email where I had to call in to Carnival directly, not a TA. She said that they sent it out to 1000 potential guests, but only had rooms for 50 and that it usually sells out within 2 - 3 hrs of the email being sent. At the time, we figured free is free, so why not go. At the last second we decided to take the teens with us and had to make the full payment then and there b/c of the special promo code. BTW that promo code was never viewable in our acct and surprised us quite a bit. I think I'll take your advice and if I see 3rd and 4th passengers drop quite a bit I'll send over an email and politely ask if any OBC is available. If not, it's not a big deal, but I think the email sounds like the right way to go.

Since I booked Early Saver, I watch for price drops diligently. Yesterday ours dropped by $72. I decided to wait till this afternoon to see if it might drop more. It did. It went down by $252! We booked an Ocean Suite on the Vista. Since it’s a new ship and a category with limited cabins available, we didn’t really expect it to drop much at all. Especially since we got such a good deal on it in the first place. I’m so happy! That just paid for our internet and bottomless bubbles. :D I hope you guys get some good price drops too. Let me know if you do.[

Thank you for letting us know. Mine went down a little but I would lose my OBC.

Does it have to be the exact same kind of stateroom for this to apply? For example, we booked a mid ship balcony on deck 6. The rates for balconies have gone down, but the only ones left are on mid ship deck 2. Does that still qualify as a price reduction?

Does it have to be the exact same kind of stateroom for this to apply? For example, we booked a mid ship balcony on deck 6. The rates for balconies have gone down, but the only ones left are on mid ship deck 2. Does that still qualify as a price reduction?

No. It has to be same cabin type, same deck, location (Front, mid, rear) and quantity of ppl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately it has to be the same exact stateroom. A deck 7 balcony is in a higher category and considered an upgrade from a deck 2 balcony. But the good news is that if a higher category balcony cabin is the same price or cheaper than yours, then you can upgrade to it. I once went from a deck 7 balcony cabin to a deck 11 spa balcony cabin for only $30. And we got free unlimited use of the saunas, steam rooms, heated loungers, and Thelasso therapy pool. And since the spa is for 18 and over, it was super quiet. And don’t even get me started on those huge walk-in marble showers in the spa. :') It pays to watch for price drops AND higher category cabin price drops.

Unfortunately it has to be the same exact stateroom. A deck 7 balcony is in a higher category and considered an upgrade from a deck 2 balcony. But the good news is that if a higher category balcony cabin is the same price or cheaper than yours, then you can upgrade to it. I once went from a deck 7 balcony cabin to a deck 11 spa balcony cabin for only $30. And we got free unlimited use of the saunas, steam rooms, heated loungers, and Thelasso therapy pool. And since the spa is for 18 and over, it was super quiet. And don’t even get me started on those huge walk-in marble showers in the spa. :') It pays to watch for price drops AND higher category cabin price drops.

Makes sense. Thank you!

Carnival is doing some weird stuff to offset the price drop on my cruise. They added additional pricing for front, back, or mid and they are charging to choose your own room which almost brings it back to my old price.

My cruise went down and I was able to get the lower rate, but now when I check the prices, they added additional pricing for the the section of the boat you want and which floor to choose from

My cruise went down and I was able to get the lower rate, but now when I check the prices, they added additional pricing for the the section of the boat you want and which floor to choose from

It depends on the promo running at the time. Some you pay and some come with 'free 2 category upgrade'.

There used to be a link we had previously used to check price changes. However, that link is no longer working. Where do you check price changes now? Thanks!

Yeah the link is gone. And I can’t find another place that does a price check for you. I just go in like I’m booking a cruise on Carnival but don’t follow through on paying. They let you see the final price before paying. It’s tiresome and time consuming but it saved me $252 so I guess I shouldn’t complain.

Yeah the link is gone. And I can’t find another place that does a price check for you. I just go in like I’m booking a cruise on Carnival but don’t follow through on paying. They let you see the final price before paying. It’s tiresome and time consuming but it saved me $252 so I guess I shouldn’t complain.

Thank you! I just checked prices for my future cruise and they went up.