Goodie bags

harveysnc

I am kind of leading the family trip to celebrate the 50th anniversary of my in-laws. We sail in 30 days on the Pearl for 7 days. I wanted to put a goodie bag in each room (unisex) and am looking for very frugal ideas. So far I have:

Cute paper straws

Cute paper coasters that say "Yay" for drinks in the cabin

Hand Sanitizer/wipes

I was thinking of something with a whale tail theme (Maybe a key chain) but it has to be inexpensive and not all of the cabins are couples so would almost have to do 2.

Relevant magnets for the room (to hang dailies and such)

Lavender sachets from Seattle (Pike's Place) (Again, I would probably need 2 per room).

I am looking for other great ideas. Keeping in mind that some cabins are siblings and/or not couples so if the item can't be shared, I will need 2 of them. Ages range from 22 to 72, if that matters.

Hoping for creative ideas here!! Thanks in advance!

There are tons of great ideas on Pinterest many from wedding or bachelorette cruises. Travel sized pain relievers and other over the counter remedies that cost a fortune on board but may not have been packed by the guests. Small candies, mints, gum. Reusable tote bag, the kind that fold small for taking ashore. Battery operated tea light for balcony or bathroom. Small Kleenex. Small sunscreen if warm weather trip. Lanyard if you think people might use them.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Your local dollar store is a great place for goodie bag items. I got nightlights, plastic clips to secure beach towels to chairs, mini tissue packs, highlighters for the dailies and post it pads to be able to leave notes for one another on doors all from there.

I also got light key cards and deck locator cards from a seller on Etsy and glow necklaces from the party store for my group to use on Glow night.

I haven't sailed NCL yet (We're sailing next April), but on Carnival it's hard to get chips. Maybe a small tube of pringles! They do sell them on the ship but they are expensive. I also liked the idea of pain med, and other medicine. If you can find them cheap, small suntan lotion and/or bug spray. You could also do a deck of cards or crossword puzzle books. My final idea might be a bit too pricey, but for about $7.50 each you can get a universal waterproof case for smart phones. You may be able to find them cheaper in bulk. If you have any games or anything planned, you could just buy one or two and use them as prizes. Enjoy your trip!

These are great ideas!

I have an entire emergency box I take on every cruise. It contains OTC meds for any thing that could ail you along with minor first aid items, sewing kit, safety pins, dental floss, downy wrinkle releaser, stain remover wipes, etc. The family knows about this and will be able to come to me if they need anything like that.

I like some of these other ideas and the dollar store is a great idea as well. Thanks!!

The dollar store also has magnetic dry erase boards that come w the markers that you can use on the doors to write notes to each other. I got those for our group for our last cruise and everyone loved it...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hit Costco buy a couple of bottles of Airborne or similar divide it up between everyone, but give it to them before the start of the trip. Since I started using it before and during trips, I haven't come back sick a single time. Travel first aid kits with basics is always a good idea. I'd hate to think what they would charge for a band-aid on board.

We did something similar when we got married on a cruise. We included reusable water bottles, small packs of Kleenex and hand sanitizer, and a few other things I don’t remember.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lip Balm.... you can get generic ones and print out your own label to wrap around the tube with something like:

50 years and still sailing or

Fair winds and Following Seas

or something nautical

it would be fun to do and also useful ~

These are great ideas!

I have an entire emergency box I take on every cruise. It contains OTC meds for any thing that could ail you along with minor first aid items, sewing kit, safety pins, dental floss, downy wrinkle releaser, stain remover wipes, etc. The family knows about this and will be able to come to me if they need anything like that.

I like some of these other ideas and the dollar store is a great idea as well. Thanks!!

I recently put together goodie bags for my daughters wedding. I went to Pinterest and got great ideas so I’d suggest you might want to check it out for lists for cruise ship goodie bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was at the Dollar Tree the other day for cruise items and found a great first aid kit. It is a flat plastic box with your usual bandaids, alcohol wipes, etc. They also had advil and zantac in carry-packs - I think 2 in each box, so .50/each. You could add those to the first aid kits. I thought the presentation of the kits, with the very flat box, was great. Very efficient and not too bulky. (I'm a new grad nurse, so I love first aid kits, LOL)

You reminded me to pack safety pins!! I forget those every time, and they are NOT easily found on a cruise ship!

Danni - what are light key cards and deck locator cards?

I was at the Dollar Tree the other day for cruise items and found a great first aid kit. It is a flat plastic box with your usual bandaids, alcohol wipes, etc. They also had advil and zantac in carry-packs - I think 2 in each box, so .50/each. You could add those to the first aid kits. I thought the presentation of the kits, with the very flat box, was great. Very efficient and not too bulky. (I'm a new grad nurse, so I love first aid kits, LOL)

You reminded me to pack safety pins!! I forget those every time, and they are NOT easily found on a cruise ship!

Your local dollar store is a great place for goodie bag items. I got nightlights, plastic clips to secure beach towels to chairs, mini tissue packs, highlighters for the dailies and post it pads to be able to leave notes for one another on doors all from there.

I also got light key cards and deck locator cards from a seller on Etsy and glow necklaces from the party store for my group to use on Glow night.

I am interested in knowing about the light key cards as well? What is that??

Today I got chap stick for everyone, I will add a few Emergen-C to each bag as well. I like the dry-erase board idea and had them in my hand but put them back thinking we may not use them. I do think it's a great way for us to keep track of each other though so may go back and get them.

I took glow sticks and necklaces on our last cruise and we never used them. I'll check to see if we will have a glow party and add those if we are.

Thanks everyone!!

I am interested in knowing about the light key cards as well?

Thanks everyone!!

A light key card is just a card like a credit card that you stick in the slot to turn on the lights on the newer build ships. Seems like a lot of money when a plain business card or store loyalty card will do the trick. Here is an example.

il_570xN.959192888_p7po.jpg?version=0

Instead of using your regular ship card or a credit card to power the cabin electricity some people buy little cards that have some type of custom logo or design on them and magnets on the back so you can keep them on the wall of your cabin when not in use.

Deck locator cards are also credit card sized and have basic information about where things like the restaurants and bars and other common areas are located. I got both for my group from a seller on Etsy but they are also something people make themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sticky note pads! These are great to use when leaving messages for your cabin steward. The Also, at CVS, WalGreens, or any drug stores, they have all those cute little samples of shampoo, hair spray, tooth paste, hand lotions...etc...:cool:

Get cheap tote bags and fill with items like sunscreen, lip balm, dry erase board, water bottle, sunglasses, thick travel socks etc. Everything can be found at the Dollar Tree. A couple of weeks ago, I found those Yeti type stainless mugs. They worked great on the Sky last week. I would forget about the lavender sachet, magnets, straws, coasters etc.